Analysis GRAND FINAL: Richmond v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s what Richmond supporters don’t understand about Rioli.

For the coaching staff it’s not about how many goals or possessions Rioli gets it’s his chasing and running.

You know.. a lot of people said similar things about Cyril. I like that.

De Boer has beaten Pendles , Bont , Neale , thing is with this is he’s taken out there best mids for whole game giving gws massive advantage as they have so many good mids to cover and none of them cop a tag so it’s like they are playing with an extra midfielder.

De Boer has beaten Pendles , Bont , Neale , thing is with this is he’s taken out there best mids for whole game giving gws massive advantage as they have so many good mids to cover and none of them cop a tag so it’s like they are playing with an extra midfielder.

Not worried about De Boer, Dusty should start midfield as much as possible so De Boer doesnt tag Prestia or Cotchin. Once Dusty goes into the guts De Boer will man up on him but Dusty needs to push forward, not too deep early on because I reckon GWS will then just move De Boar onto someone else, but forward enough (CHF area of the ground in general play) to create doubt into GWS on who should be matching up on him. Then as soon as De Boer moves off him to target another mid then Dusty moves further down the ground into the middle.

Dusty is in the box seat here, he wont have to push back into defence all game because De Boer wont go forward to hurt us the other way as he will be too concerned to make sure Dusty isnt playing loose, then as we begin kicking the ball into our 50, Dusty should then push deep to create confusion.

The last thing we want is Dusty to start midfield get tagged then push him deep to begin with, GWS will have planned to have one of their defenders take him instead and then De Boer will just go to Prestia. We have enough midfield talent to keep rotations up that GWS can't tag everyone and I'd much rather see them try and tag Dusty than our smaller mids.

It’s what Richmond supporters don’t understand about Rioli.

For the coaching staff it’s not about how many goals or possessions Rioli gets it’s his chasing and running.
Tell my brother that. Five blokes couldn’t convince him Friday night. It was like talking to Shazza.

I have a feeling Nank will kill a giant this saturday
exactly hardwick doesn't need to whisper into nank, soldo or broads ears... those 3 will know that missing the first 3 or 4 into 2020 with suspension will not be an issue if they need to take matters into their own hands to settle a few dust ups.

exactly hardwick doesn't need to whisper into nank, soldo or broads ears... those 3 will know that missing the first 3 or 4 into 2020 with suspension will not be an issue if they need to take matters into their own hands to settle a few dust ups.
Caddy is another thats not a shrinking violet and will be ready for biffo

I would be more than happy to see Nank sit out 5/6 weeks to win the flag as there is no tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank is lucky that he’s playing against Mummy this week because he looked slow and struggled to jump last week. Luckily it’s not a concern against Mumford who is even less mobile/athletic.
Soldo can really dominate in ball ups I watched the last Q against Cats last night again and his tap work was really impressive and one of the big reasons we were able to improve our clearance numbers and finish all over the top of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back