Analysis GRAND FINAL: Richmond v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to address our starts in games number one priority get the footy on our terms and not let gws settle.Dimma and co need to combat De Boer if he goes to Martin.Rioli get him involved more move him around to get the footy.

It’s not just starts as against bears in last game we started great and even against cats we started good , we are napping in large portions of games .

This.
Rioli was a couple of fumbles away from a top tier game. Plus, the number of times he held them up by sprinting to stand the mark was fantastic. Remember at least twice where he was the difference between them being out or not doing this. It's the kind of thing most won't really remember, but the coaching staff would have loved it.
It’s what Richmond supporters don’t understand about Rioli.

For the coaching staff it’s not about how many goals or possessions Rioli gets it’s his chasing and running.

I don’t mind the two against mummy to really capitalize on his s**tness.
The campaigner is really not that sheety...he contested the ruck against Grundy all game was in there doing grunt work..will need Soldo to be top of his game!

It’s what Richmond supporters don’t understand about Rioli.

For the coaching staff it’s not about how many goals or possessions Rioli gets it’s his chasing and running.
Yep. It's not goals, possessions written on his wrist.

The campaigner is really not that sheety...he contested the ruck against Grundy all game was in there doing grunt work..will need Soldo to be top of his game!
Collingwood also kicked their 4 quick goals in the last when Mumford was on the bench.

He’s very important to the GWS midfield.

He was brilliant in the last few minutes of last nights game I thought.

I worry we are carrying too many players that are passengers out of form. Rioli, Nankervis, Caddy aren't doing a whole heap right now. The odd spoil or tackle doesn't count for much. We can't drop them, but they worry me.
Rioli, Nank up fwd. Riewoldt has been quiet in the finals. Dusty up fwd. The fwd line looks different from 2017.
On Rioli I reckon its only 2 small fwds now. George and him. Bolton, or the resting mids don't provide the manic pressure.

Last edited:
This is an even money bet as far as I am concerned. In no way are we past the post. I reckon we had a number of players down on the weekend & cannot rely on 7 or 8 blokes in the Granny.

GWS have played most of the last three years with 5 or 6 blokes out injured.

If they are only missing Ward & Coniglio in the GF they will be bloody competitive !!

Let’s do this Tiges 🖤💛🖤💛

Collingwood also kicked their 4 quick goals in the last when Mumford was on the bench.

He’s very important to the GWS midfield.

He was brilliant in the last few minutes of last nights game I thought.
Very hard body in the ball ups! Just like Nank! af98c-this.gif

He def will be told to take someone out , nothing more surer .
Good luck to him if that’s the mindset they simply won’t win.
Only ever takes on little blokes too so just protect Baker.

He is good in some areas but also easily exposed in others. Better having two rucks for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to address our starts in games number one priority get the footy on our terms and not let gws settle.Dimma and co need to combat De Boer if he goes to Martin.Rioli get him involved more move him around to get the footy.
We did kick 3 of first 4 goals Friday night.
I agree I don’t want to get 20 pts down at any stage.

I'll start this by saying I'm in no way comparing Soldo to Grundy..

But Grundy got 72 hitouts yesterday, that is next level..

There was a 15 minute patch where he was just putting it down the pies mids throats.

The problem was their mids or forwards were not good enough to capitalize on that.

If Soldo can generate a decent amount of hitouts to advantage I feel like we are less likely to waste them.

Got to remember Pies had no big key forward to contest anything let alone having 2 elite ones.

Grundy destroyed him yesterday but GWS just roved to Grundys taps .

Yeah but Grundy was basically keeping Collingwood afloat for the first half. He destroyed Mummy when Collingwood rocked into more of surge and pressure game.

Last few minutes was great by mummy but all GWS was hold on for dear life and create continuous stoppages where he didn’t need to run.

We need to be smashing him from early.

I don’t mind the two against mummy to really capitalize on his s**tness.

This. We need to play him more like Stefen Martin did, smash it forward, grab it out of the Ruck and follow up.

It’s the most easily exploitable part of GWS and our game is all about forward momentum. Run him into the ground.

I love Nank usually but he was a liability fri night , prefer we went with another mid .
Agreed, he was the player I thought we should drop for another mid. The difference between Soldo vs Nak in the ruck seemed very obvious from where I was sitting.

Got tickets soooo keen! What times everyone usually head in to the ground on granny day? 130ish? What a war it’s gonna be gws are up and about! Thinking out polish will prevail in the end. Tigers by 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back