AFL Autopsy Grand Final: Richmond vs Geelong, Gabba, Saturday 24/10/2020, 7:30 AEDT

Winner and Normie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nesko_25

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2006
In a cave
AFL Club
Essendon
Objectively, the umps had zero influence on the game.
Anyone who says Richmond had the run of the umps or anyone who says Richmond are winning because of the umps knows nothing about football.
Weird... you only respond to my response no one else's. I find it weird because I didn't comment on the games umpiring, just inferred that an equal free kick count doesnt determine the quality of umpiring together with quoting the total number of frees for each team, expecting this to be equal is lazy and something people do if they have no understanding of footy.

I appreciate your insight champ... I'll give up watching footy and just look at the stats to have a deeper understanding of the game.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is clearly legitimate but it doesn’t feel it, not even close. Nighttime, fireworks, Ash Barty presenting the cup. Weird, weird s**t.

The only part that feels normal is Riewoldt springing forth from the grave when the game is already won to rack up more meaningless numbers.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Scott should go after this. Geelong need a new set of eyes leading them. Not to mention I cannot fathom why he wouldn't put Dangerfield into the midfield when Richmond flexed. Maybe it wouldn't of helped much but the guy doesn't even seem to think of these thing's.

I'm happy for Dimma, that's about it.

I reckon Scott's coaching, and just how well run the club is generally, has kept a side with a lot of on-field limitations so competitive in the last few years. Reckon they've pretty consistently had the worst bottom six of the premiership contenders since most of their premiership stars retired or moved on.

I'd be interested to read a legitimate concept of how the Bombers feel they can build a team that could hang with Richmond in a final.
That’s what that Richmond Focus on Football group were thinking at end of 2016.

I reckon Scott's coaching, and just how well run the club is generally, has kept a side with a lot of on-field limitations so competitive in the last few years. Reckon they've pretty consistently had the worst bottom six of the premiership contenders since most of their premiership stars retired or moved on.
Apart from Rohan and Stanley their bottom 6 tonight weren't too bad.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
They are a very good, well drilled side. To think they could have had four on the trot if not for Mason Cox. Just think on that for a second. Mason Cox stopped them winning 4 on the trot. They'll be tough to stop next year too.

Edit: and a player down today too.
Hard not to have belief in Rutten after this.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Apart from Rohan and Stanley their bottom 6 tonight weren't too bad.

They weren't, and this is probably the best bottom six they've had in at least half a dozen years, but they've run into a juggernaut. Just don't get the Scott criticism.

Danger often goes missing for chunks in games which gets glossed over because he has dominant bursts.

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It is clearly legitimate but it doesn’t feel it, not even close. Nighttime, fireworks, Ash Barty presenting the cup. Weird, weird sh*t.

The only part that feels normal is Riewoldt springing forth from the grave when the game is already won to rack up more meaningless numbers.
Ash Barty shouldn't be presenting the cup. That's wrong. It's got to be an ex player.

Ash Barty shouldn't be presenting the cup. That's wrong. It's got to be an ex player.

She’s their number 1 female ticket holder. It’s not as if she’s not a fan or I don’t think she belongs there, it’s just that it looks so different to what it normally does it kinda made the whole thing look like a cheap knock off.

There are now Richmond supporters around here that have seen their club win as many flags as I've seen mine.

I know some that have seen them win twice as many as me.

Back