AFL Autopsy Grand Final: Richmond vs Geelong, Gabba, Saturday 24/10/2020, 7:30 AEDT

Winner and Normie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird... you only respond to my response no one else's. I find it weird because I didn't comment on the games umpiring, just inferred that an equal free kick count doesnt determine the quality of umpiring together with quoting the total number of frees for each team, expecting this to be equal is lazy and something people do if they have no understanding of footy.

I appreciate your insight champ... I'll give up watching footy and just look at the stats to have a deeper understanding of the game.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh no I wasn't talking about you. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. It was a continuation of the original post I quoted.

She’s their number 1 female ticket holder. It’s not as if she’s not a fan or I don’t think she belongs there, it’s just that it looks so different to what it normally does it kinda made the whole thing look like a cheap knock off.
Agreed. I think presenting the cup is partly to honour a legend of the game, not a number 1 ticket holder or tennis champion. She's much adored but I think we should stick with the ex players.

Jack Graham on grandstand, “I Reckon I’m gonna go straight to KFC and get a bucket”. :D

Jack Graham on grandstand, “I Reckon I’m gonna go straight to KFC and get a bucket”. :D
Thank the lord he decided to stay, KFC is disgusting

So as my one day a year watching free to air TV comes to a close, all I have to say is, gee fta sucks...
How bad was the pre game? Holy f***!! Then after every goal they couldn’t wait to run to an ad and kill any emotion/vibe of the game. Didn’t mind Hodge though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good GF. Also the worst umpired I can remember.

Geelong just not clinical enough when dominating the game in the second.

Started the 3rd quarter asleep and that was the end of it.

Heavyweight bouts like this are usually decided in a few segments of play.

Though the decision by Scott to wait so long before pulling the trigger on Danger was bizarre. It wasn't a night for the slingshot from half back and the measured forward 50 entries negated things well.

It wasn't the case that they were bombing to Hawkins who the Tigers were running off. Richmond half backs had little to no influence.

Lost the game at the coal face for ten minutes with Danger frozen out of the game.

Every coach that refuses to tag should be fired. The game gets set up for players like Martin to take advantage of being loose.

How is team defence stopping Martin, Neale, etc? Worse still, coaches then give these players coaches votes.

I reckon Scott's coaching, and just how well run the club is generally, has kept a side with a lot of on-field limitations so competitive in the last few years. Reckon they've pretty consistently had the worst bottom six of the premiership contenders since most of their premiership stars retired or moved on.

Hard to say exactly. But the recent recruiting has been hit and miss. While someone like Tuhoy worked, I would rate Daulhaus and Rohan as flops. Steven gets a question mark since he had an interrupted pre-season and that weird police incident.
With the readymade player's strategy, it's helped Geelong be attractive and a finals contender. But the expense is they're going to lose talent's like Narkle, Cockatoo, Constable and Clark. So they have to be careful with what they're doing. They already moved Caddy on when a lot of supporter's thought they should of kept him.

Hard to say exactly. But the recent recruiting has been hit and miss. While someone like Tuhoy worked, I would rate Daulhaus and Rohan as flops. Steven gets a question mark since he had an interrupted pre-season and that weird police incident.
With the readymade player's strategy, it's helped Geelong be attractive and a finals contender. But the expense is they're going to lose talent's like Narkle, Cockatoo, Constable and Clark. So they have to be careful with what they're doing. They already moved Caddy on when a lot of supporter's thought they should of kept him.

Agree with that. I guess they're in an awkward spot where they've sold perennial contention to the names they've brought in but probably should be looking to play more young blokes. Be hard to sell a mini rebuild to Dangerfield at this a stage of his career.

Rohan isn't a flop. Cost them pick 60odd.

While he's not a game breaker he's essentially the best pressure forward in the game and has been a big part of changing the dynamic of the Cats forward line.

He'll be so much more effective in a side with Cameron and Hawkins (allowing Danger to get back to the middle).

I reckon the Cats need to be careful not to throw everything at next year. Need to keep Stephens, De Koning and Esava. They're old, particularly the spine.

Higgins seems like overkill when they have Cameron. Probably need another quick small forward instead.

Rohan isn't a flop. Cost them pick 60odd.

While he's not a game breaker he's essentially the best pressure forward in the game and has been a big part of changing the dynamic of the Cats forward line.

He'll be so much more effective in a side with Cameron and Hawkins (allowing Danger to get back to the middle).

I reckon the Cats need to be careful not to throw everything at next year. Need to keep Stephens, De Koning and Esava. They're old, particularly the spine.

Higgins seems like overkill when they have Cameron. Probably need another quick small forward instead.
That is an interesting take given that apart from choking in finals regularly it's his biggest issue. He wouldn't be in the top 30 in the game.

With the exception of Duncan and Stewart, i would have thought the top 6 players probably have more to answer for.

Hawkins, Blicavs and Dangerfield had shockers whilst Selwood was quiet after half time.
Selwood was solid throughout for mine. Guthrie too was excellent

I’ve read about 6 or 7 team board GF Game day threads today and yours is the only one that even mentions the umpiring. It mentions it a lot.

Maybe a bit of an indication of where you’re at. It’s always someone else’s fault.

I’ve read about 6 or 7 team board GF Game day threads today and yours is the only one that even mentions the umpiring. It mentions it a lot.

Maybe a bit of an indication of where you’re at. It’s always someone else’s fault.

6-7 boards? Your lunch need more salt or something?

that is so unbelievably sad.

Honestly, why do you care? You won. Go have fun.

I don’t read the Richmond board, I get nothing out of bias fans circle jerking each other. I do get something out of people with no affiliation saying what they think with others of the same persuasion.

Back