Review Grand Final: Richmond vs Greater Western Sydney, MCG, Saturday 28/09/19, 2:30 PM AEST

Winner and Norm Smith?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Would've been interesting to see how those off the play calls on Grimes would go down in front of an Ess/Carl/Coll crowd...or the majority of umpire calls for that matter.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
What a piss poor grand final.

Really found it hard to give two s**ts throughout the entire game, and I felt nothing towards the end when they were all celebrating.
Bizarre.
I waited for the cheers for Pickett, who I thought was very good. Interesting how a player can symbolise so much. In a GF it's surely about risk taking. Leon played it safe by selecting Whitfield and Davis while Dimma took a risk on Pickett. Strong and bold is the mantra. And the players took him in and trusted him with the ball and he was fantastic. Davis as Captain made the wrong decision I think, allowing ego to influence him. He needed to trust Leon would select someone who would go full bore.

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
I felt Marlion Pickett’s story and performance were inspiring. Not much else about the GF blew my skirt up though. I think I posted a few days ago that I’ve never been so disinterested in a GF. Boy was that feeling validated yesterday.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Why is this a melt thread

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounds like the Green family had a day out.

Edit.. Greene

Bad behaviour must run in the fam

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Sounds like the Green family had a day out.

Edit.. Greene

Bad behaviour must run in the fam

His dad is actually banned from GWS home games.

Rance makes no difference when every ball i50 is a hack kick by the opposition
Actually that is when Rance does make a difference as he zones off and marks most of them. It turned out okay because Grimes can do the same. Rance has issues when you make him defend one on one all day with no support.

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
no s**t, any particular incident or just an accumulation of bad behaviour?

There was something that happened but I can’t remember what. A mate of mine knows a few of his cousins. He’s a deadshit anyway. Toby doesn’t have much of a relationship with him and doesn’t really want one.

Back