Preview 2016 Grand Final: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
735387-jarrad-mcveigh.jpg

Jack Reiwoldt does that after every goal. Shits me no end...

Isaac Heeney is easily the most under-appreciated story of this finals series. He's leading the Gary Ayres medal and is a good chance to take it out (I reckon it's a brilliant idea but it maybe needs refining, since obviously a player that's played in four finals games has more of a chance of winning than a side that had the bye). He was just recently named best young player in the comp by a fair margin. He's been probably our best player overall throughout the finals (though Nick Smith and Hanners have been great), and he's only 20 in just his second season! Don't get me wrong Bontempelli's a great player but he only had good patches against West Coast and GWS, with one good game against Hawthorn. Heeney, meanwhile, took back-to-back finals games by the horns, and that's in a midfield group like ours.

Has anyone nicknamed Towers "Turnstyle" as thats what he looks like when he attempts a tackle and misses 5 times out of 5.

Isaac Heeney is easily the most under-appreciated story of this finals series. He's leading the Gary Ayres medal and is a good chance to take it out (I reckon it's a brilliant idea but it maybe needs refining, since obviously a player that's played in four finals games has more of a chance of winning than a side that had the bye). He was just recently named best young player in the comp by a fair margin. He's been probably our best player overall throughout the finals (though Nick Smith and Hanners have been great), and he's only 20 in just his second season! Don't get me wrong Bontempelli's a great player but he only had good patches against West Coast and GWS, with one good game against Hawthorn. Heeney, meanwhile, took back-to-back finals games by the horns, and that's in a midfield group like ours.

I think with Luke Darcy being one of the boys down at ch 7 he constantly talks about "the bont" in a fandom manner and hence why they focus on him so much. Need Jude Bolton to b a bit more bias towards us and rave about Heeney all the time for them to make a massive story about it.

I was up in Sydney for the GWS game on the weekend and was a bit "underwhelmed" by what was on offer in the local papers, Neil Cordy and Andrew Wu being the main culprits. And to think that Neil used to be one of us. Not any more.

Thankfully when I got to the airport I managed to pick up a Victorian newspaper and was able to get stuck into the 14-odd pages of red-white-and-blue gooey goodness.
Mate there isn't much interest up here in a pretentious suburban melbourne club's hard luck story. There is a club up here called Parramatta that would run rings around your history of woe

I think with Luke Darcy being one of the boys down at ch 7 he constantly talks about "the bont" in a fandom manner and hence why they focus on him so much. Need Jude Bolton to b a bit more bias towards us and rave about Heeney all the time for them to make a massive story about it.
No one will be talking about the bont after heeney gets done with him on saturday

Mate there isn't much interest up here in a pretentious suburban melbourne club's hard luck story. There is a club up here called Parramatta that would run rings around your history of woe

haha I wonder if all the newly arrived hipsters will be going for the dogs ironically. Footscray is now a hipsters haven, think of cabramatta but with newly arrived moustachio'd artisanial hombres gentrifying it. I was shocked when i went looking for some smack and instead was given queenwaaa or however they spell it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for them.

If I wanted to read about last century history, I wouldn't buy the newspaper to do so.

But reading about how my team has been going this September, that's been worth buying the newspaper for.

I've got no issue with Barry. He served our club exceptionally well. He was angry at the time but both parties seem to have moved on and patched it up. No hard feelings.
I still don't think the circumstances of his miracle recovery were satisfactorily explained, considering when he departed from the Swans he was departing from football indefinitely because of his self-admitted problems.

Then he pops up at the Dogs in surprisingly quick time and to my knowledge, a sycophantic press never thought to ask him about his astonishing turnaround.

Which to me says that either at the departure from footy via us, or his re-entry via the Dogs, don't know which, there was some serious BS being trowelled on.

WE GOT STANDING ROOM TICKETS. Its not much but we're going.
Need you guys to help me out with a few questions. We have 4 of us in the 'M' Bays at the ground, but we are all in different standing rooms (e.g M19,M22,M25,M27).
1. Can we get into different standing rooms or. is there a time when security starts monitoring,
2. If we are to look for leftover single seats, just by getting into the ground, can we get into any area of the whole MCG if we want?
3. What is the best M Standing room
4. Are standing rooms as good as the nosebleeds if you are at the front?

Would love to have some answers. Thanks

Re- Standing room tickets. For some reason I don't have permission to reply. Not sure why. I haven't committed any grave offences of late (I don't think).

It will depend on the day. You won't be able to get into any seated area on the day, maybe later in the game. If the crowd is big, you'll be pretty much restricted to the area you have tickets for. If not, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to travel. In fact I remember Dad joined us for the last quarter in 2014.

One thing for sure we cannot take anyone into the game who cant run the game out. Because they will be running all day.
Both teams were pretty much out on their feet by the end last Saturday. I'm not an elite sport conditioning expert, but I think the question of how much gas the Bulldogs have left in the tank is possibly pertinent.

I still don't think the circumstances of his miracle recovery were satisfactorily explained, considering when he departed from the Swans he was departing from football indefinitely because of his self-admitted problems.

Then he pops up at the Dogs in surprisingly quick time and to my knowledge, a sycophantic press never thought to ask him about his astonishing turnaround.

Which to me says that either at the departure from footy via us, or his re-entry via the Dogs, don't know which, there was some serious BS being trowelled on.
You could turn around and say the same thing about Buddy, though. Pulls out of the finals last year with mental health issues but "recovers" over the pre-season and comes back to dominate. We're not ragging on him though.

I think it was pretty well documented that Barry was having relationship problems which were either the cause or effect of his anger management problems. He was obviously pretty hurt by the Swans choosing to move him on and he didn't deal with it well. He got help with his mental health and got to a happier place and made a fresh start at the Doggies. I'm OK with that. Both sides have made their peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back