Game Day Grand final thread (feat. inexperience watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood getting a goal was a lovely moment.

Yeah, he's a genuine great, no question.

If he is going to retire today, approaching him as an assistant wouldn't be unreasonable for some clubs.

Equally, he may well want 12 months to chillax and that's probably fair enough lol

Yikes. Terrible game of footy.

Can’t help but feel happy for Danger. I’ll look away when JCameron gets his medal.

Also, Brisbane only lost by 71pts, ergo Brisbane > Sydney.

I’m actually kind of happy for the old Geelong players for finally getting their premiership.

Now please go away, retire and rebuild like a normal club.

This kind of GF spanking rarely bodes well for the loser the following year. Crows, GWS, Doggies...
Listening to the AFL app and heard Selwood's interview after the game - we have been banging away for years and GFs are hard to win. Very inspiring and the Lions should not think our window is closed. Also, amazing for him to play in 41 finals.

Hopefully we can turn our PF loss into a GF victory next year, but worried about the residual effects of the Hawthorn allegations.

Decent losing captain's speech......

Smith on the NS ahahaha.

Is that tacit endorsement that he can abstain from any issue regards former club?

Listening to the AFL app and heard Selwood's interview after the game - we have been banging away for years and GFs are hard to win. Very inspiring and the Lions should not think our window is closed. Also, amazing for him to play in 41 finals.

Hopefully we can turn our PF loss into a GF victory next year, but worried about the residual effects of the Hawthorn allegations.
Considering the age of Sydneys list I reckon they'll still contend next year.

I’m actually kind of happy for the old Geelong players for finally getting their premiership.

Now please go away, retire and rebuild like a normal club.

Why be happy in the 1st place?!

I don't get u you nicey-nice types
I'm a total campaigner (as far as nice people are concerned) and I want the opposition to fail. Being happy for those pricks is weird.

Lions fanbase too nice by far. We'd get higher m'ship if we were nastier. No one likes milque toast, middle management, middle aged, mum&dad types.

Know why c'wood, essendon, Carlton, Richmond m'ship numbers are so high?

Bcos their respective fanbases
are known to be chockful of arseholes. People ignore nice.
( I would've mentioned WC but they have a whole state to themselves so it's easy 4 them to have massive membership in a "football state" )

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for a mass retirement from Geelong, if not this year, next, in order to go out on top. Hopefully this means they finally spend some time lower down the ladder when this does happen

Teams can use situations like this as line in the sand / galvanizing narratives too. The wheels don't have to fall off due to adversity beyond the clubs control.

Through adversity you'll get a better insight in the mental fortitude of players and staff compared to when things are rosey.

Yes I know I am annoyingly optimistic.

Teams can use situations like this as line in the sand / galvanizing narratives too. The wheels don't have to fall off due to adversity beyond the clubs control.

Through adversity you'll get a better insight in the mental fortitude of players and staff compared to when things are rosey.

Yes I know I am annoyingly optimistic.
They lost their prelim last year by over 80 points so we know it's possible

How bad does Sydney buckling to Buddy's $$ demands look now.

Saying he was a shadow of his former self today is an insult to shadows.

Looked like an old man.

Didn't do anything of consequence and didn't even look pissed off

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How bad does Sydney buckling to Buddy's $$ demands look now.

Saying he was a shadow of his former self today is an insult to shadows.

Looked like an old man.

Didn't do anything of consequence and didn't even look pissed off

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there a market on how many games he plays next year? :D

Geelong seems to have some genuinely nice guys in their side, to go along with the dickheads. It's just like an internet forum tbh.
I'm yet to meet the genuinely nice guys I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back