Game Day Grand Final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is the MCG turf at the Gabba... LOL, what a waste of time and money.
Hopefully nobody slips on it and gets hurt; if so they can sue the AFL. Also, if someone kisses that turf then I'll spew!

The afl didn't pay for it, apparently it was a promotion by rebel sport. I agree but still a waste of time and money.

Here is the MCG turf at the Gabba... LOL, what a waste of time and money.
Hopefully nobody slips on it and gets hurt; if so they can sue the AFL. Also, if someone kisses that turf then I'll spew!

I just saw the pic, not your comment, and my first thought was dubbing it the Michael Close Memorial Turf, given the angle from goal and his slippage injury on AFL property. :(

I just saw the pic, not your comment, and my first thought was dubbing it the Michael Close Memorial Turf, given the angle from goal and his slippage injury on AFL property. :(

Did anyone ever report on what happened to the lawsuit against the AFL re the turf? It went very very quiet on that front very quickly.

Did anyone ever report on what happened to the lawsuit against the AFL re the turf? It went very very quiet on that front very quickly.
Settled. It came up when I searched to make sure it was actually Close.

Good watching here, for anyone wanting some more examples check out Ross Lyons Segment for more good analysis.

He mentions about Geelongs willingness to play on against us, something that I though at the time was quite uncharacteristic for them. They played very differently vs us then they did against Port Adelaide. He also shows some good examples of the cats breaking down our defence to move the ball forward. It's a really great segment tbh.

I feel like Geelong go into this game in much better form then Richmond. Port had a lot of opportunities against Richmond but seriously butchered the ball going inside 50. Geelong on the other hand really demolished us in the middle, which is supposed to be one of our major strengths. Should they do the same to Richmond, I think they win comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m so dirty about last week that I am unsure if I can bring myself to watch 🤬🤬🤬
We were beaten by a better team on the night.
We were a bit off and they were very much ‘ON’.
We will be better for it, the group has the drive for it to spur them on and the right people in place at the top.

I’m so dirty about last week that I am unsure if I can bring myself to watch 🤬🤬🤬

Yes, my feelings exactly.

Only the fact that it will be a historic moment from the Gabba that will probably make me suffer through it....

Im not "dirty" per se

If we had lost from a dodgy free and a kick after the siren .....then I would have been dirty.

I thought about it for a while and decided that I won't get the opportunity to see a GF in Brisbane again in my lifetime, even if the two teams playing was my least favored scenario

Not to mention that $381 for a ticket pales into insignificance compared to air fares to and accommodation for a weekend in Melbourne.

Going more for the history and the occasion than to cheer either team on.

Having said that, I hope Geelong win.

Started my own Grand Final Marathon by watching the last quarter Sydney 2003. Was there that night. Charman murdered them in the first 15 minutes of the last quarter. Pikey goals. That goal from Ash that just went through (not last quarter but I youtubed it)

2016 Wynns Black Label.

Any further posts from me tonight should be ignored

Remove this Banner Ad

Back