Game Day Grand Final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Two victorian clubs playing a grand final in our great state should be a crime. I know I won't be watching, but it's a real shame we didn't make it.

Anyone have any info about the best way to try and get a ticket... I've been told the club has an allocation, is any of these going on sale to members? Otherwise have to hope for a crumb re on sale to public?

Anyone have any info about the best way to try and get a ticket... I've been told the club has an allocation, is any of these going on sale to members? Otherwise have to hope for a crumb re on sale to public?
Non-participating club allocations usually either go as special packages or are on-sold to third parties to go into their packages.

Edit: I assume this is our set-up - https://lionshospitality.com.au/

Whilst I am still in denial after our PF loss, I think a Cats/Tiggers grannie is no bad thing for the game. IMO, if we had scraped thru, we were set for a GWS performance - just a step too far for us at this point in our development.

Having 2 Victorian heavyweights fight it out at the Gabba - 1 the best team of the last 3 years and the other 4 time preliminary finalists - will dispel any myths that this flag is tainted.

There is no way this will be a blowout. I am expecting a clash of epic proportions, fittingly crowning the most memorable season of all.

Not a fan of Dangerfield but don't mind the rest of the Cats, including their coach ofcourse, so will be cheering for Geelong.

Won't be anywhere near as fun as the WC v Collingwood granny. That one was very rewatchable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone talks about the Collingwood army, or the the Richmond army. But if you travel around Australia, you meet more Cats fans than anyone. The country Victorian club for over a century. They get my vote.

I can say this in all seriousness.

I mightn't even watch it.

Couldn't care less .

I'm only interested in one club.

You tend to spoil yourself with pet indulgences as you get older and be indifferent to the rest.

I hope they both lose . Is there any way of that happening ?

I can say this in all seriousness.

I mightn't even watch it.

Couldn't care less .

I'm only interested in one club.

You tend to spoil yourself with pet indulgences as you get older and be indifferent to the rest.

I hope they both lose . Is there any way of that happening ?
Both clubs have multiple COVID breaches this week?

If the Cats side of the past two weeks turns up, they win.

That's my thinking.

Geelong have well and truly acclimatised to the Gabba having played there 5 times for 5 wins and a comfortable last start win on a nice dry firm track

Richmond played their semi at Metricon then had to travel to Adelaide for a much harder slog in the wet against Port and now have to travel back again to the Gabba where they have only played twice this season. Once back in Round 12 when they beat the Suns and the second of course when they lost to us in the QF

This will seem more like a home game for Geelong than it will for Richmond.

I also think that having to play away from their boutique stadium at Kardinia Park since Round 5 has actually worked in favour of the Cats.

Since forever, they've racked up 10 or 11 easy roadkill wins at that long skinny ground, only to consistently fail at the business end of the year when they had to play finals on shorter wider grounds.

Lo and behold when they have had to play on more "regular" sized grounds for months on end, they break their curse and make a GF.

I'm only an occasional punter but as always, I'm going to have a modest bet on the AFL GF.

My money is going to be on the Cats and I wouldn't be surprised if they win comfortably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back