Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Please use this thread for all finals ticket information, updates and enquiries.

Week 1 – Elimination & Qualifying Finals (September 9, 10 & 11):

Match details for Week 1 (including participating teams, dates, times and venues) will be confirmed on Sunday 4 September at the completion of Round 24.

Tickets on-sale:

Competing Club Members Monday 5 September (9am local time)
AFL Members (MCG final) Tuesday 6 September (9am local time)
General Public Tuesday 6 September (12pm local time)

MCG seating plan: http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/2011/finals/MCG_Finals_Seating_Plan.pdf

You can find the link to finals ticket information on the Geelong website here: http://www.geelongcats.com.au/afl finals - ticketing information/tabid/14736/default.aspx

Re: Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries thread

I saw somewhere that members may be able to buy extra tickets to finals matches-does anyone know if this will be the case for our 1st final against Hawks, or when it will be announced?

(Thanks for the thread SJ, I always have questions about tickets at finals time!)

I saw somewhere that members may be able to buy extra tickets to finals matches-does anyone know if this will be the case for our 1st final against Hawks, or when it will be announced?

(Thanks for the thread SJ, I always have questions about tickets at finals time!)
This has been mentioned a couple of times and generally the source is the Hawthorn Board. To be honest I cannot see how it would and could happen and would not believe it until I see it on paper officially.

This has been mentioned a couple of times and generally the source is the Hawthorn Board. To be honest I cannot see how it would and could happen and would not believe it until I see it on paper officially.
It says it on the finals ticketing information brochure, but says only available for some matches

It says it on the finals ticketing information brochure, but says only available for some matches

So it does! Strange though, I wonder which games & when/how we will find out? :confused:

Hey guys, first time I'll be heading to the finals to see the mighty cats play! Just wondering as an Interstate member will I be entitled to first dibs at tickets on Monday morning?

Also will I be able to buy tickets online at this time? Having work I won't be able to line up at a Ticketek and the thought of lining up isn't appealing though given I live in Brisbane it probably won't be as bad as down in Melb/Geelong.

Pumped! Hoping I can buy additional tickets too but you guys aren't giving me much hope so not sure how I'm going to sort tickets for myself and my 3 mates who aren't cats members (but are members of other teams).

Hey guys, first time I'll be heading to the finals to see the mighty cats play! Just wondering as an Interstate member will I be entitled to first dibs at tickets on Monday morning?

Also will I be able to buy tickets online at this time? Having work I won't be able to line up at a Ticketek and the thought of lining up isn't appealing though given I live in Brisbane it probably won't be as bad as down in Melb/Geelong.

Pumped! Hoping I can buy additional tickets too but you guys aren't giving me much hope so not sure how I'm going to sort tickets for myself and my 3 mates who aren't cats members (but are members of other teams).

You will be able to buy a ticket for yourself on Monday morning either online or at an outlet, but it looks like you may have to wait until Tuesday afternoon to buy your tickets if you want to sit with your mates. In past years there have still been pretty good tickets available for the general public if you get in fairly quickly, but not sure how it will be this year-there seems to be a lot of interest in our game!

I hope it's a good night for you ;)

Well I just got an email saying:

» You can purchase up to two (2) tickets per membership

» You can purchase a maximum of eight tickets in one transaction

» When purchasing at an agency you must present your 2011 membership card. You will be required to quote the 12 digit barcode number from your membership card when purchasing online or via telephone

» Tickets are available to purchase from any Ticketek agency, via telephone on 132 849 or online at ticketek.com.au

» If you require family tickets, wheelchair position, accessible seats or hold a companion card these need to be purchased from a Ticketek agency or via telephone

A few of my mates and I have MCC memberships and I was wondering, do people think we would need to get reserve tickets, or could we just rock up and get three seats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of my mates and I have MCC memberships and I was wondering, do people think we would need to get reserve tickets, or could we just rock up and get three seats?

Level 2/3: Get there by 6pm
Any three seats: You should be right

I have a member's barcode that I won't be using on the night, if anyone needs it to buy a ticket. Send me a PM. First in, best dressed.

Just wondering if I were able to get a membership number from someone that isn't going if I can use that to obtain a total of 4 seats sitting together (combined with my membership)?

Do they ID you at the gate or check that you have your membership with you or is it just a matter of entering in the barcode number when you buy a ticket then there's no more questions asked?

MC just sent you a PM!

Does anyone know how many seats you can buy in one go once general public sales are out on Tuesday noon?

Does anyone know how many seats you can buy in one go once general public sales are out on Tuesday noon?
Eight per transaction I believe.

I'm in and out too. 4 Tickets in M51. So pumped. Can't wait! GO CATS!!!

Wow, you got tickets so quickly-great area too! Did you buy yours online?

(I went to a Ticketek outlet-so slow-I was 12th in line but didn't get my tickets until 11o'clock-never again!!!)

Wow, you got tickets so quickly-great area too! Did you buy yours online?

(I went to a Ticketek outlet-so slow-I was 12th in line but didn't get my tickets until 11o'clock-never again!!!)

Yep bought them online.

I initially had 4 tickets in section in N51 but then ticketek decided I was taking too long then had to wait in line, ONLINE (which I'd never experienced before). About 20minutes later I was back on the site, had all my into typed out in notepad ready for a copy/paste job and got the tickets.... PHEW!

Great to hear some good news about people getting tickets.

Please get right behind the boys ... any fans you know of that aren't going, get in there ear and urge them to come and make some noise.

Go Catters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back