AFL Grand Final Grand Final Ticket registration Thursday for Priority 1 members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD Notice:

Hi all,

Registration will take place on Thursday, September 8th - you MUST use your 12-digit membership barcode to register before the preliminary final to gain access to the grand final if we make it, see the following link for details:

As in previous years, we expect that there will be numerous requests in the coming days for unused/spare barcodes. Some requests may come from people who have been around a while and are familiar to most posters, others might be from not so familiar names. If you have a spare barcode it is up to you to assess the person making the request on your own and decide whether you would like to deal with them.

If you want to request a barcode in this thread you must have been a member of the BigFooty forums for at least 2 years and have at least 500 posts, including a history of posting on the Swans board. BigFooty is a community and we would like to reward those who participate in the forums not just those who only pop up whenever a barcode or ticket offer is available and then bugger off into the sunset never to be seen again.

If you meet the above criteria, we are happy for you to post here if you are looking for a spare barcode. All barcode requests are to go in this thread and nowhere else.

If you request a barcode without fulfilling the above criteria your post will be deleted.

8th September 2022
P1 Registration time: 8am - 11am AEST
P2 Registration time: 12pm - 4pm AEST
P3 Registration time: 5pm - 9pm AEST

Also, if you have a spare barcode, post in this thread and I will add your name to this post. Who you choose to deal with is entirely up to you, but we suggest you either stick to names on the list below and/or people that you already know on the boards.

Members who are in Need of a barcode:
wills2g 2 barcodes
Blacky 2 barcodes
leobarryustar 2 barcodes
kangle4 1xP2

Members who have spare barcodes:

MF
1xP3 (junior)
Barry Schneider 1xP2
Mathelios 1xP2
MK38 1xP1

Members who have received barcodes:
Arwib
swanssince2002
mattpolo8
GoTheSwannies
Day_night_honourer
bungwahl
Nuggetz

Last edited:
Alright, gonna take the L and just take the flights to and from Avalon with Jestar... $1300 or so vs $2500 on Qantas vs $1900 on Virgin for 2 people... geez
I just did a search on expedia which showed you could take a flight with Jetstar on either Friday or early Saturday, returning Sunday for less than $500 per person.

Unsure if anyone needs it or if the ballot is still open but I have a spare P3 someone can use for the GF. (SA Supporter Member) Let me know

I know under 500 posts but regularly read the forum - if anyone has a barcode they can lend for Monday 10am release. My partner and I would love to attend the prelim (cannot travel for the GF). We have flexi flights booked if I can get GA at 3pm but thought I'd try my luck. Unfortunately the supporter membership does not give you a finals barcode only P3 GF, but I cannot travel enough to purchase a higher tier.

Yes! If swans win next week, ensure you have enough funds to pay for "best available" ticket option. Not sure what the Best Avail category will be for P2 members tho. Have enough to cover the amount of tickets plus a bit more.
Best available is a bit of a joke. Paid over $400 per ticket in 2016 and we were plucked in the northern stand about 3 rows from the very back.

Yeah, I'm still going to apply (P3) but would be fairly annoyed to pay for flights/accom/ticket only to barely see the game. I don't have any physical limitations other than only being 5-8, so plan to get there at least an hour or two beforehand to get a decent spot. Hopefully find a couple of other Swans fans to hold my spot if I need to go grab a drink or go use the facilities. Can always offer a bribe of a beer, because then if you come back holding a few it looks like you do actually have a spot with friends to get back to.
If you get standing room I'd suggest getting there a lot earlier than an hour or two beforehand. Some standing room bays have plenty of spare room, others don't.

To all those who are worried about standing room, most people in there are pretty courteous and allow short people to the front.
No matter where you are in the ground, being there, if we win, is the sweetest feeling of all time.

I'm 1-0 from GF, so have no losing experience to compare it to. :)

My wife and I had standing room tickets for 2005. It was advertised on the news a few days prior that standing room tickets would be sold from the MCG the following morning. Got straight into the car and off I went with a pillow and a sleeping bag. Had a great night amongst a hundred or so like minded fans.
Got to the GF about 8.30am to make sure we got there early enough to get in the front row. My wife is a little shortie.
Good thing we did as the bay that we were in was pretty crowded. My brother in law who was at the ground with his family came around to see us about midday and he couldn't believe how crowded in we were. Said that there was plenty of spare room in their bay. He had a couple of spare tickets ffom those who were already in so we went off to this other bay. The difference was remarkable.
In the first one we went to, there would have been about 20 people. In the other there was 12 and that included us who shouldn't have been there. We had heaps of room.
So the point of my post is that you could get a good bay but you may not. Get there early anyway.
That reminds me of 05 when we had to queue outside the SCG after beating Saints on the Friday night.
My eldest daughter and I got there about 5am and the queue was down and around Driver Ave even that early.
My god it was fun! Everyone was chatting to everyone else - all great mates, no arguments, no frayed tempers, people were taking turns going to cafes for food and coffee, we had an absolute blast!
Don't think I could do it these days but it's a great memory to look back on.

Hey If the ticket is still available It would be much appreciated

my mums been overseas this year and didn't get a membership and shes been to 2 GFS for 2 Ls haha
I've PM'd you my P3 code.

If anyone can assist me with a barcode for Monday to get tickets that would be really appreciated.

Fair guess, but Mt Gambier. It's not halfway on a straight drive, but useful to break it up over Fri night / Sat morning if needed.

Fun Swans facts - I've marked Robe (Dawson's hometown) and just up to the right from there, Lucindale, where Gould is from (might make people more nervous given it's not that much difference to Melbourne than Adelaide and thus more clubs). So maybe, not fun facts.

View attachment 1502819

Nice area, I've got a 8 hour drive from Broken Hill to Melbourne the day before Grand Final. Unfortunately flying isn't really a option for us haha.

Yeah the flights are gonna be chockers on Friday afternoon/night no matter which airline you take, so settled for going to Avalon and back with Jetstar. Even Avalon flights were slowly creeping up in price. Max bundle for flexibility.

I want a nice, comfortable win in the prelim, okay... no Nick Davis with 4 seconds to go to win it, heart wont take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the flights are gonna be chockers on Friday afternoon/night no matter which airline you take, so settled for going to Avalon and back with Jetstar. Even Avalon flights were slowly creeping up in price. Max bundle for flexibility.

I want a nice, comfortable win in the prelim, okay... no Nick Davis with 4 seconds to go to win it, heart wont take it.
2014 and 2016 prelims were awesome. It was obvious at quarter time we'd sewn it up. No stress, just joy

I got P2 codes, you reckon I get a ticket. I choose no stand room option so I'm a bit worried I wouldn't get a ticket.

I've PM'd you my P3 code.

If anyone can assist me with a barcode for Monday to get tickets that would be really appreciated.
HI Jussie, you're free to give your tickets to who you wish. But please note as per the OP that the new poster did not fit the criteria for requesting tickets - and there were other Swans members who did waiting.

EVERYONE: PLEASE READ THE OP. A USER WHO COMES ONTO THE BOARD WITH ZERO HISTORY AND ONE POST DOES NOT QUALIFY TO REQUEST TICKETS

From memory 2012 was too, only we were terribly inaccurate.

Yeah was going to say, my memory of 2012 was it wasn't a particularly nervvy game. Wasn't until that Jetta breakaway goal that I knew for sure though.

If you get standing room I'd suggest getting there a lot earlier than an hour or two beforehand. Some standing room bays have plenty of spare room, others don't.
Thanks. I'll have a look at where I'll be beforehand, try and figure out if I need to. It'll depend on whether I get to Melbourne the night before or closer to lunchtime on the Saturday (fly vs drive).

Yeah was going to say, my memory of 2012 was it wasn't a particularly nervvy game. Wasn't until that Jetta breakaway goal that I knew for sure though.
maybe I’m just naturally ultra-nervous, but the Pies did get a bit of a run-on in the third to make it tight. Though the fact that it had been years since we beat them didn’t help.

HI Jussie, you're free to give your tickets to who you wish. But please note as per the OP that the new poster did not fit the criteria for requesting tickets - and there were other Swans members who did waiting.

EVERYONE: PLEASE READ THE OP. A USER WHO COMES ONTO THE BOARD WITH ZERO HISTORY AND ONE POST DOES NOT QUALIFY TO REQUEST TICKETS

Apologies, I am not too familiar with how the ballot works and noticed it was close to 9 pm so just passed it on to the first reply.

Funny how I get a code for the GF but can't get one for the prelim! Will there likely be GA available at 3pm Monday or am I looking unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back