Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I was aware, you are able to sell your ticket as long as you don't make a profit. That's what I've always understood...

Thought it was hilarious that they interviewed that Hawks supporter and he admitted he will be selling for $800...

Yeah that's right. It's your property and you are within your right to sell it at cost value.

Whoohoo managed to score 2 tickets for me and a mate from Perth who was going to have to cancel his flight. Think they are corporate package tix or something as they had a face value of $440. Q26, Row Q...so high up but I don't care just stoked to be going to the game

Whoohoo managed to score 2 tickets for me and a mate from Perth who was going to have to cancel his flight. Think they are corporate package tix or something as they had a face value of $440. Q26, Row Q...so high up but I don't care just stoked to be going to the game

Q26 is in AFL members reserve. Does it say AFL Reserve on them?
Just some handy advice, if they were bought by an AFL member with their membership barcode then it is possible that you will be asked for the membership card and id at the gate. It is however very easy to avoid the turnstiles where they are checking member cards. The $440 each price you mention doesn't equal any AFL member ticket price so maybe it is some sort of other package in which case it should be okay.

Q26 is in AFL members reserve. Does it say AFL Reserve on them?
Just some handy advice, if they were bought by an AFL member with their membership barcode then it is possible that you will be asked for the membership card and id at the gate. It is however very easy to avoid the turnstiles where they are checking member cards. The $440 each price you mention doesn't equal any AFL member ticket price so maybe it is some sort of other package in which case it should be okay.

Yeah they say Members Reserve on them, apparently they were part of a Corporate package, I got them through one of my Directors contacts, so not bought by a member, so hopefully shouldn't be asked to produce an ID card

Yeah they say Members Reserve on them, apparently they were part of a Corporate package, I got them through one of my Directors contacts, so not bought by a member, so hopefully shouldn't be asked to produce an ID card

Sounds good, but probably a good idea to avoid the turnstiles where they are checking, just in case.
It's easy to spot the staff, and if one suddenly appears when you are lined up or about to scan then just pretend to answer your phone, walk away, and try a different spot later.

They are Medallion Club tickets purchased in the AFL members reserve ($440.05 face value, they should be towards the front of Q). There is a card that comes with those but you shouldn't need to produce it as the tickets are transferable. AFL members need to be able to produce the card as they are non-transferable and you have to be able to prove the ticket was bought with your own membership.

They are Medallion Club tickets purchased in the AFL members reserve ($440.05 face value, they should be towards the front of Q). There is a card that comes with those but you shouldn't need to produce it as the tickets are transferable. AFL members need to be able to produce the card as they are non-transferable and you have to be able to prove the ticket was bought with your own membership.
Yep they are the ones. Out of interest how many rows does Q26 go back, does it go into double figures i.e AA, BB etc ? We are in row Q

Yep they are the ones. Out of interest how many rows does Q26 go back, does it go into double figures i.e AA, BB etc ? We are in row Q

Back row is DD (so 30 rows). Q by memory is just back from the entry stairs. Surprised the $440 tickets are in row Q as there was 3 cheaper price categories behind those on level Q in the Southern stand.

Can someone tell me why AFL Members are flogging off tickets at great value this week? I've already encountered a couple and frankly, I am bloody sickened by it.

Time for AFL Members to get less seats to the Grand Final and more tickets for members/general public.

Can someone tell me why AFL Members are flogging off tickets at great value this week? I've already encountered a couple and frankly, I am bloody sickened by it.

Time for AFL Members to get less seats to the Grand Final and more tickets for members/general public.

Some AFL members miss out on seats.
They just need to crack down harder on those that sell them. If they are not going then they shouldn't buy them in the first place.

I know a lady in Perth with 4 tickets to sell.

I was going to get them but have no way of getting her cash in hand before she hands the tickets over, and then getting them here to Melb is another issue. If any of you see a way around that and it is of some use, let me know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lady in Perth with 4 tickets to sell.

I was going to get them but have no way of getting her cash in hand before she hands the tickets over, and then getting them here to Melb is another issue. If any of you see a way around that and it is of some use, let me know.

I can hand deliver 2 of them for you ;)

Eastern staters don't get how much it really costs for us. It's nuts.

Not all eastern staters. I flew down for five games this year. It cost me a few thousand. And I had flights for finals. So I'm very pissed off with my club. Any room on the Freo bandwagon? :D

I finally tracked down a ticket thanks all who replied. Level 1 m15 v. Does anyone know if the seat is covered or decent? I'm stoked to have one now, just don't know the ground at all.

Still in complete shock and pinching myself! My step Mum gave up her ticket. Even then I doubted I would get flights from Adelaide, but sure enough, over in the morning back at night. Still can't quite believe it! Bring it on! Freeeeeeoooooooooo!

Did the MCG tour - the nose bleed seats are not too bad, they're that steep that you have a pretty good view.

Melb is purple folks

I finally tracked down a ticket thanks all who replied. Level 1 m15 v. Does anyone know if the seat is covered or decent? I'm stoked to have one now, just don't know the ground at all.
Very good seat. About the edge of the centre square and undercover. Look in the photo thread first post I think, you are at the very left of the photo about 5 rows back from the edge of the level above.

For what it's worth, anyone still looking for tickets that missed out on the ballot, I received a phone call today from Ticketek. Basically calling to let me know I missed out on the ballot but they have a few more standing room tickets (didn't explain if they were sell backs/extras) and I could purchase at 150ea. I turned them down as I already have tickets. Because I used my AFL membership barcode I didn't want to risk not being able to pick up my tickets on Saturday due to purchasing standing room tickets. Have faith if you're in Melbourne without a ticket. May just get lucky!

Hello All!
I am chasing 1 ticket for the GF!
Please let me know if anyone has one available to buy or someone to contact to buy!!
Thanks very much!

Did the MCG tour - the nose bleed seats are not too bad, they're that steep that you have a pretty good view.

Melb is purple folks
Also did the tour today, including the National Sports Museum. Kicked three goals in a row, 5 bullseyes on the archery and tore a quad kicking for goal in the soccer, so had to go on the left and put 3 more past the goalie. Have sent a text to Ross and pretty sure I'm ahead of Silvagni on the emergency list. Good times.

Great seat but row V is not really under cover. Row Z and behind have cover because they are directly underneath level 2 of the grand stand. Row V depends which way the rain is going, it is technically under the cover of the main roof on level 4 but that is very high, so the wind can easily cause row V to get wet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back