AFL Grand Final Grand Final Tickets - Got yours? Want some?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketing talk.

TL;DR - We have this thread to help fans talk about their seats, the venue, and get to the game. Not to help scalpers rip people off. We don't take any responsibility for any trades of any sort.

The rules:

- Posters scalping GF tickets on BigFooty will have their accounts perma-banned.
- Should you wish to sell your ticket, it must be advertised at face value + margin permitted by legislation (see legislation/ACT for further details).
- BigFooty does not warrant the sale of any finals tickets between posters and any transactions conducted between members will be done so at the buyers/sellers risk.
- Any course of legal action in recovering money for counterfeit tickets or tickets not received will be the onus of the buyer/seller.
- Barcode sharing per club email is permitted, however any action conducted by posters sharing barcode information is at the risk of the member and not warranted by BigFooty.

Ticketing sales times: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-afl-finals-series-afl-grand-final.1285551/post-72130029

Just wondering, does anyone know if there was an AFL and MCG members allocation for WA afl and mcg members?

AFL members were given first dibs on the Sunday after the dogs game

Last edited:

Was told today that every player on an AFL list was entitled to 1 GF ticket each. Obviously most of them probably gave them back to their club since they couldn’t get into WA. I wonder whether the clubs have then incorporated them into a corporate package and on sold them to the WA public?

Was told today that every player on an AFL list was entitled to 1 GF ticket each. Obviously most of them probably gave them back to their club since they couldn’t get into WA. I wonder whether the clubs have then incorporated them into a corporate package and on sold them to the WA public?
This is from the collective bargaining agreement.
Screenshot_20210917-191244.png

I know someone who bought 10 @ $1200 from someone who owns a travel agency - presume they were those packages that normally get allocated

I’ve got a corporate package I’m looking to sell all. Cost me $2,350 and will sell for exactly that. Trying to sell before Wednesday as my flights to Perth we’re booked for thursday so will need to know by then if I’m going or not. Details of package below:

Access to official in-ground dining room pre-game and throughout the match. This is in the Riverview Room.
Premium seated dining and beverage service (available inside function room only)
Premium reserved seating for the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final
Interviews and appearances from AFL VIP guests and personalities
Toyota AFL Grand Final Souvenir for all guests

I’ve got a corporate package I’m looking to sell all. Cost me $2,350 and will sell for exactly that. Trying to sell before Wednesday as my flights to Perth we’re booked for thursday so will need to know by then if I’m going or not. Details of package below:

Access to official in-ground dining room pre-game and throughout the match. This is in the Riverview Room.
Premium seated dining and beverage service (available inside function room only)
Premium reserved seating for the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final
Interviews and appearances from AFL VIP guests and personalities
Toyota AFL Grand Final Souvenir for all guests
How many seats?

Not sure if already posted in this thread, but these packages still appear to be available:

With the Toyota AFL Grand Final confirmed for Optus Stadium we are excited to announce the 2021 Grand Final Lunch, presented by North Melbourne Football Club.

Secure your ticket to the Toyota AFL Grand Final including access to the pre-game lunch where guests will be treated to a gourmet three course meal, Colonial Brewing beverages, live entertainment, guest speakers and expert analysis from the biggest names in the game.

The all-star line up of talent includes the Premiership Cup ambassador and local hero Glen Jakovich and premiership winning Eagles in Adam Simpson and Dom Sheed to discuss that amazing moment. Guests will get a different lense on Grand Final day from current players Stephen Coniglio, Mitch Duncan and Michael Walters. One of Australia's favourite comedians Pete Rowsthorn will set the tone for the day with his whip smart humour. Importantly, Fox Footy's Matthew Pavlich and Bernie Vince, SEN's Paul Hasleby and AFLW trailblazer Michelle Cowan will provide the in-depth analysis of the game.

With minimal Grand Final Packages remaining don't miss your chance to be part of history.

I've heard that the queue was randomised as an anti-scalping measure. I'm guessing if it was first in, first served, the scalpers would use their bots to snag whole batches of tickets.

Anyway, I started at about 2400 in the queue and was able to buy a ticket! It's in section 528 and classed as Restricted View. I've never been to Optus Stadium, so I was wondering if anyone knows what my view would be like? I've contacted Ticketmaster and all they could say is that it could be an incomplete view due to the position of the seat (after checking out the seating map, I'm guessing there could be a wall to the right of my seat) or it could be a pole, speaker, camera or soundboard in the way.

The gates open at 12:45pm and bouncedown is at 5:15pm. Does anyone know all the events that are happening in those 4 and a half hours? Also, do grand finals normally have any neutral merchandise to purchase that commemorates that particular grand final? I imagine nothing at the ground is cheap, so as an Eagles fan, I'm not too excited about paying a heap for some Demons or Doggies stuff. haha

I've heard that the queue was randomised as an anti-scalping measure. I'm guessing if it was first in, first served, the scalpers would use their bots to snag whole batches of tickets.

Anyway, I started at about 2400 in the queue and was able to buy a ticket! It's in section 528 and classed as Restricted View. I've never been to Optus Stadium, so I was wondering if anyone knows what my view would be like? I've contacted Ticketmaster and all they could say is that it could be an incomplete view due to the position of the seat (after checking out the seating map, I'm guessing there could be a wall to the right of my seat) or it could be a pole, speaker, camera or soundboard in the way.

The gates open at 12:45pm and bouncedown is at 5:15pm. Does anyone know all the events that are happening in those 4 and a half hours? Also, do grand finals normally have any neutral merchandise to purchase that commemorates that particular grand final? I imagine nothing at the ground is cheap, so as an Eagles fan, I'm not too excited about paying a heap for some Demons or Doggies stuff. haha
From memory 528 is near the scoreboard so if you're at the back of the section you might struggle to see a boundary ump in the pockets nearest to you.

You can type in the section here to get a virtual look though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an online virtual stadium view. You just have to put your seat number in.

From memory 528 is near the scoreboard so if you're at the back of the section you might struggle to see a boundary ump in the pockets nearest to you.

You can type in the section here to get a virtual look though.
Thanks for that. I hope the view is only as bad as that. I was able to get a general view of Section 528 with the virtual look. Thanks for your link too, raffrox.

[/QUOTE]

I cant remember if they had other club merch on sale when i went. when gates opened there was a few hrs until things started happening on field. A lot of activities and things happening outside the stadium

I found a little more info on the pre-game events here:

I might head into the city late morning, hopefully with my sports-hating boyfriend (I'll bribe him with the promise of a nice lunch, lol) and we'll check out all the festivities outside the stadium. The big question is when's the best time to enter the stadium. Don't wanna miss anything interesting and I'd imagine I'd need to allow time to buy a souvenir first.

Ok, controversial topic.

Wearing your teams gear to the Grand Final when they're not playing. I usually never do this but was considering it for the GF.

Thoughts?

I'm in the same boat.

Borrowed a GWS scarf for the GWS vs Geelong Semi, but yeah. I'm hopeful there will be some "neutral" shirts or something available. Like a "first GF at Optus" kinda thing.

Ok, controversial topic.

Wearing your teams gear to the Grand Final when they're not playing. I usually never do this but was considering it for the GF.

Thoughts?
I'm planning to go in my dark blue Eagles top...

IT79u97.jpg

...and maybe my not-as-inconspicuous Eagles shorts. I won't be wearing my Eagles scarf and hat, though.

I can tell ya what I'm NOT wearing to the game...

zX2hVyP.jpg

lol. Poor t-shirt is getting a bit long in the tooth. It's definitely in the only-worn-around-the-house category! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back