Grand Final Tickets... How to obtain? / what chances do I have if I don't win the ballot?

Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi all,

Probably a lot of you are sick of threads like this but if I don't win a Ballot... How or what is my best option to get Grand Final Tickets...

I know the packages - have been in contact with the Bulldogs Club and they have some options left for me in terms of packages...

I hear all these stories about people that just buy a ticket in Melbourne on the day... People have said they get a standing ticket for $100 which sounds like BS to me...

The chances of winning the ballot with my membership seem low... so there is that option... but yeah WCE should make it

My flight is sorted, accommodation is sorted... Just need a tickets - ideally two...

I don't care who plays... as its one of those once in a lifetime things...

What kind of outlay should I expect...?

Im tempted to go for a package but yeah

I have lurked around these forums for a while...

I need advice... Im WA based too...

My Club (West Coast) tells to just enter the ballot if it happens but they really arent too much help...

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne

Can't go wrong if you read and follow this thread very very carefully.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Is this a genuine thread?
Why of course it is

lionel hutz.jpg

Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The issue is no one really talks about how they got a ticket in WA

I just don't know other methods then Packages or Ballot...

Can anyone tell me the price of Standing Ticket that I assume a MCG member can purchase

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
OK - first your chance of getting a ticket in the ballot is pretty slim unless you're a platinum/gold whatever level member.

MCC doesn't have tickets so you can't get one there and AFL tickets are non transferable. I've manage to arse it the last two times I went - happened upon people in the know who had tickets they were willing to sell which I bought at face value. One was from a close mate who is both a platinum Hawk and an MCC member. I paid $160 for a standing room ticket in 2015 - guessing it's more than that now.

The package route: you can sell them on but only at face value. Now I'm not sure what face value means because my guess is the face value of a ticket is probably $400 and you're getting slugged $900 for hospitality and the like. However I'm guessing you can on-sell the whole package easily enough if you want to go. Checking the AFL website, the cheapest ticket is a lazy $3,080. The cheapest packages ($1,300 or so) are already sold out.

A quick look at the club websites shows most of their packages already sold out or linking back to the AFL and their $3,000 + packages.

Paganism mark II

Etihad Stadium, Locker room end
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll tell you what I tell everyone.

Pony up 1k, get your entry level into security (Cert ll) and go to every grand final you wish too.....and get paid for it.

Then go work a couple of concerts you want to see, maybe the Grand Prix or tennis if that’s your thing, and enjoy!

Back