Grand Final Tickets Thread, 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris3Judd

Debutant
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking for 3 or 4 seated tickets. Ideally 2 adult and 2 kids but 3 adults will work out too. Missed out on the ballot so hoping for a second chance come Tuesday.

Promised my son who turns 5 this Thursday that I will try my hardest to source tickets. He has been saving up since 3 rounds before the finals and has asked that the money that we would have spent on his upcoming birthday party be saved for the tickets. He is even more fanatical than i am about the Eagles. When he woke up this morning to the news(having fallen a sleep at half time) that while we had crappy first half in the prelims we clawed back.. his first comment .. was yes now we have beaten every team in the AFl this year. He was in tears when I told him that 'our names were not picked up from the hat'. Anyway I told him if it was not meant to be it is not meant to be but if anyone has tickets to spare please be in contact.

Bayer_

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Shiny Penny
Dec 23, 2008
Inner East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That sounds alright , this is my first time to the G for agame, ive been for a tour , but after not getting a ticket in 06 I promised myself and my son we wouldn't miss the next one , so took the punt a few weeks back and booked flights to Adelaide for Wednesday and flying back Monday night each flight was $300 hire car $260 ,,,cant believe my luck , but im guessing its going to be hard to get a beer in block q1 row aa , lol

Nah, getting beer is not too bad there tbh. The drinks are impossible to get at the breaks, but generally OK for most of the rest of the day. Fortunately this isn't an issue on level 1, as going during play, you can still see what's going on from the bars.

But you also don't have to stand where your ticket says. You can stand anywhere in the Olympic Stand, or the first half of the Southern Stand. The trick is to get there early (say 12:30), stake out your spot (depends on whether you and your son are tall - if not, you'd want a spot up the front of the block naturally). You'll also want to find your own kind, as standing room sections tend to be monotribal if you like, and you won't want to be amongst a bunch of Hawks flogs, no matter how good natured you are.

Sounds like quite an adventure you've got planned. I can't wish you good luck in the game, but hope it's an enjoyable trip for you and your son. :)

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Hi guys looking for 2 adult tickets.. Anywhere would be great, if anyone is looking to sell would be most appreciated.. Could pick up from Adelaide, or Melbourne

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi ive got seats in q1 row aa 21-22 , very high !!!whats the deal with the standing tickets are you just bunched up/squashed in I may be interested in swapping to get lower, if you are off course
Hi ive got seats in q1 row aa 21-22 , very high !!!whats the deal with the standing tickets are you just bunched up/squashed in I may be interested in swapping to get lower, if you are off course

Hey mate, I've just PM'd you - what Category seats are they?

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
At most bays around the ground, there are elevated areas at the back, usually half a dozen or so steps to stand on. You get a great view so long as the ball is at your end, but you don't see much at the other end, nor can you see high balls, or the replay screens (though there should be TV monitors overhead).

It's great fun, so long as you're willing to stand all afternoon, possibly get there early, aren't carrying much stuff, and don't mind getting knocked into by the odd drunken goon.

Certainly I prefer to save $200 to stand in most instances.

My Standing Tickets are in M20 (in the AFL Members) right on the wing! But looking to swap for seats as the Mrs is quite pregnant and standing all day probably isn't the best idea!

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
I stood at the 2011 grand final and it was great besides the result . It's packed but you still can move, but atmosphere on the ground level was awesome. Would much rather be down there than in the heavens personally.

BITW

Senior List
Aug 22, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
SEX SEX SEX

Now that I have your attention, I need one GF ticket. Driving over from Adelaide with a mate, I was successful in the ballot but he wasn't. We won't be sitting together, so whatever you have available is fine. He'll pay a bit more than face value to make it worth your while. Pick up from Adelaide/Melbourne, PM me.

Thanks.

laurick66

Draftee
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wanted 1 x 2015 GF ticket family all have a ticket but me. Have my flights but forgot to register my membership due to a job interview. Will take standing room or the most ridiculous seat, face value. Location is Sydney.

Bayer_

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Shiny Penny
Dec 23, 2008
Inner East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ahh, good old Gumtree.

Never change. :')

Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 8.39.56 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

downthecorridor

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Guys looking for 2 gf tickets for a wce mate of mine who has lined up flights and accommodation. PM if you have any and let me know what $ you want. Thanks dtc

Magpies2010

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all, looking for two tickets for my mum and younger brother.

Standing or seated.

Flying down from north Qld, would be deeply, deeply appreciated.

PM if you have any and we can go from there.

Cheers

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Just after 1 ticket, standing room is fine. Will pay well.

Please PM or post here

laurick66

Draftee
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wanted 1 x 2015 GF ticket family all have a ticket but me. Have my flights but forgot to register my membership due to a job interview. Will take standing room or the most ridiculous seat, face value. Location is Sydney.

I'll take 2 if there's 2 to sell together as I could have another interested person can split with. Not wanting to wait outside why my family go into watch. :(

bigton08

Premiership Player
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
LOOKING for 1 or 2 tickets on lower levels like M,N,P can't handle heights(Q)...not into standing..want to go as I'm a brissie hawk fan starved of any action...need to get ASAP running out of time to book flights and accom.PM ME

Remove this Banner Ad

Back