Unofficial Preview Grand Final v Richmond - Saturday Sep 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only player we’ve ever used to tag (really) is Jack Graham, even then it’s pretty rare, and he’s 99% out this week anyway. If one of your mids starts getting way on top we’ll probably send someone to him, likely whoever replaces Graham, but we won’t have anything happen from the start in the way I expect you to send De Boer to Dusty (or someone at least). A good example of our contingency was on display Friday night. Cats got on top so we moved Cotchin on to the ball who will move mountains to stop it getting out, and Edwards who is a bit of ‘Mr Fix it’ for our ball use.

Echoing others, enjoy the week guys, it’s a special feeling to be in a GF and I tried to savour everything in 2017 despite the nerves. Buy all the papers, take photos, have a blast.
Also I’d advise not buying too much ‘GWS - 2019 Grand Finallist’ merch because if you lose, you’ll probably never want to use it again, and if you win, you’ll prefer if you had the money for ‘GWS - 2019 Premiers (ugh that hurts me)’ merch.
Crazy brave to come on after three shoulders and to go off with a fourth.

Hey Melbournians,
Does a footy ticket permit train travel on game day, or do you need a myki Card?

Yep if not already a hero at Richmond he certainly is now. But you’ve got someone who did something similar in Davis on the weekend. Every time I saw him he picked up a new injury!
True. True.
Should be a cracking game with that caliber of player.

Last edited:
Is there a pub in Melbourne where the local Giants supporters frequent to watch games?
I want to support you guys & preferably somewhere without too many Rich. wan**rs.

Is there a pub in Melbourne where the local Giants supporters frequent to watch games?
I want to support you guys & preferably somewhere without too many Rich. wan**rs.
Highly recommend Coopers Inn on Exhibition Street. Owner a big Giants fan. Before and after open functions, great vibe!

In: Coniglio, Whitfield, Greene
Out: Hill, Tomlinson, Davis (inj)

Huge pressure on both Phil and Cogs to make the right call on behalf of their teammates. Not at all confident going in with Davis on a bung calf and shoulder!

I don't agree at all that Keefe should go out. Has been terrific each time called upon and was outstanding Saturday.

Davis won't miss. All reports say he is fine.
Whitfield and Greene both ins. Cogs is 50 50.

Outs will probably be Hill and Keefe.

I have no idea who goes of cogs comes in. Tommo was good against the Pies for the most part but there's no one else I would drop, maybe Harry H? Been below par the last few weeks.

I'm taking an early lunch to get to open training at Tom Willis.
Shoved a cap and scarf in the bag before I left the house this morning.:gws:

Im the same started this morning at 3am, so i can leave work between 10am-1pm, then go back to work !!

Cant wait !!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davis won't miss. All reports say he is fine.
Whitfield and Greene both ins. Cogs is 50 50.

Outs will probably be Hill and Keefe.

I have no idea who goes of cogs comes in. Tommo was good against the Pies for the most part but there's no one else I would drop, maybe Harry H? Been below par the last few weeks.
At open training Cogs and Lids both training fully with the main group

Not sure about this new calf issue for lids. Running unimpeded and no calf brace

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The footage on chanel 7 last night of Cogs doing running drills was really promising. High speed changes of direction. TBH the only thing would be whether or not he can mentally do it... after coming back from a few injuries myself I remember that "trust" wasn't there. I expect thats why cogs will make the call himself.. only he knows when he is ready if the medics have cleared him.

If lids is also in the frame I dunno who goes out... hard work to be a selector this week!

Umpires:
Matt Stevic (9)
Ray Chamberlain (18)
Shaun Ryan (25)

s**t.
I'd take that. They all tend to call what's there and aren't afraid of blowing the whistle a bunch of times to make sure the players get it.

Umpire is Razor Ray ☹️
The other umpire is Stevic. You’ll remember him from all the free kicks and non-paid kicks in the Collingwood first half. That was before he was told to knock it off and we were able to get a run on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back