Unofficial Preview Grand Final vs the Dishlickers - Opposition Supporters Welcome (Banter thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the whole women coaching thing, I cant see it happening, just speaking on a personal level, one time we had a female runner at the club, I gave away a dumb free kick that I was well aware of, and they sent her out to give me a message about it, * it triggered me in the moment, told her to * off back to the interchange I was well aware.... got dragged and didn't play for the next two weeks haha... I apologised after the game, was totally inappropriate.

My point is, in the heat of the moment, im not sure how many hot blooded guys would be happy having a women tell them what to do on a footy field.

But maybe im a just a neanderthal

On the whole women coaching thing, I cant see it happening, just speaking on a personal level, one time we had a female runner at the club, I gave away a dumb free kick that I was well aware of, and they sent her out to give me a message about it, fu** it triggered me in the moment, told her to fu** off back to the interchange I was well aware.... got dragged and didn't play for the next two weeks haha... I apologised after the game, was totally inappropriate.

My point is, in the heat of the moment, im not sure how many red blooded guys would be happy having a women tell them what to do on a footy field.

Not only they but coaching isn't X's and O's on a whiteboard now. It's building relationships with young men, it's gaining respect. It's managing 40 men to follow behind you.

Can't see a world where a woman would be the best option for that in a male sporting environment.

Obviously gonna get called sexist for that because generally not allowed to be rational about these things 👍

Cant wait. :thumbsu:

Its not meant to be sexiest, like I said, once I cooled down I knew it was completely inappropriate, its a primal instinct, reckon anyone who's played competitive sport would understand what im talking about, some are just better at biting their tongue than I was.

Its not meant to be sexiest, like I said, once I cooled down I knew it was completely inappropriate, its a primal instinct, reckon anyone who's played competitive sport would understand what im talking about, some are just better at biting their tongue than I was.
Plus I'm not saying she can't coach, to some point she might be able too. 0 chance in hell she's one of the best 20 in the country.

Be a nightmare for the media aswell, wouldn't be able to critisize her without copping it for being sexist

All right I'll bite. And call it bullshit excuse making for your own failings. Some horrendous crimes have been committed against women with the same BS excuse of 'primal instinct'. Grubby Greene's behaviour excused with 'primal instinct'? Go back to your cave if you can't control primal instinct. The problem is with BS male egos that can't treat women with respect.

All right I'll bite. And call it bullshit excuse making for your own failings. Some horrendous crimes have been committed against women with the same BS excuse of 'primal instinct'. Grubby Greene's behaviour excused with 'primal instinct'? Go back to your cave if you can't control primal instinct. The problem is with BS male egos that can't treat women with respect.

lol, likely the first of many 😂

my favourite part was where you compared me telling a trainer to fu** off to horrendous crimes against women.
Thats the type of moron this world's created now. One small thing = take it to the Nth degree to prove whatever bullshit narrative you're cracking on with. No middle ground

Just like on the cricketing board I said the modern day generation and it's moddy coddled attitude is part of the reason why we keep blowing it in tight tests the last few years because we don't handle pressure anymore.

Was immediately met with ' oh yeah things were better back in the 50s when you could bash and rape women hey' like that had a single ******* thing to do with my point

Thats the type of moron this world's created now. One small thing = take it to the Nth degree to prove whatever bullshit narrative you're cracking on with. No middle ground

I once had a women glass me with a stubby after flogging her boyfriend in a pub fight, cut me open good but took it like a champ, somehow I resisted the temptation to allow her to join her boyfriend on the floor, horrendous crimes against men. For shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the whole women coaching thing, I cant see it happening, just speaking on a personal level, one time we had a female runner at the club, I gave away a dumb free kick that I was well aware of, and they sent her out to give me a message about it, fu** it triggered me in the moment, told her to fu** off back to the interchange I was well aware.... got dragged and didn't play for the next two weeks haha... I apologised after the game, was totally inappropriate.

My point is, in the heat of the moment, im not sure how many hot blooded guys would be happy having a women tell them what to do on a footy field.

A woman can command a combat unit, show courage, determination and leadership while under fire. When you are under fire, it doesn’t matter if your commander is a man or a woman, what matters is competence. Getting peak performance in that situation is difficult but women have done so.

I know sporting environments are different to combat but at some stage, a woman will coach at AFL. Probably not in our lifetimes but it will happen.

I know sporting environments are different to combat but at some stage, a woman will coach at AFL. Probably not in our lifetimes but it will happen.

with the way the world is heading I can see it. Men had a lot more ego back in my day I reckon. Some old schoolers still exist but the majority of guys coming up now in the AFL now after completely different to guys in their early 20s 20 to 30 years ago.

Can see Daisey coaching an AFLW team at some point . I have no idea what her ambitions are but i suspect she is quite happy doing media , and playing for now.

It's the BS excuse that you can't control your 'primal instincts'...where does that bullshit lead too...

if I can control myself from hitting a girl once she glassed me I must be a changed man, only that happened before the runner incident, so go figure you over dramatic w***er.

if I can control myself from hitting a girl once she glassed me I must be a changed man, only that happened before the runner incident, so go figure you over dramatic w***er.
But you could never put up with a women coach. You were right the first time..

maybe im a just a neanderthal

There's two points to the whole Daisy coaching thing. People scream in the media that she needs to be coaching in a men's team because they want to prove to the whole dam world that AFL is all about diversity and harmony. More like a publicity stunt.

But for me there are 2 elements that need to be taken Into consideration. Does she have the tactical nous and strategie that can be implemented into today's game? Personally I don't rate her as special comments on that evidence. I think she keeps it pretty simple and just says thing no different to your average Joe blow, but because she's a female it blows up into her being a 'gun special comments' person.

Also how would she she go being able to lead a group of men that come from all different backgrounds? how would players respect or react to her? For every gentleman like Marcus Bontempelli, there's your rat bags like Jordan DeGoey, Dane Swan, Ben Cousin types who at times she would need to sit down and pull them into line. Is she able to conduct those hard conversations?

Would she be respected? Imagine her telling a 200 game champion how to play football when her achievements are at a pretty poor level of standard. Locker banter is real and unfortunately she'd be the butt of most jokes in the changerooms.

Does anyone know if she's completed any coaching course?

Last edited:
There's two points to the whole Daisy coaching thing. People scream in the media that she needs to be coaching in a men's team because they want to prove to the whole dam world that AFL is all about diversity and harmony. More like a publicity stunt.

But for me there are 2 elements that need to be taken Into consideration. Does she have the tactical nous and strategie that can be implemented into today's game? Personally I don't rate her as special comments on that evidence. I think she keeps it pretty simple and just says thing no different to your average Joe blow, but because she's a female it blows up into her being a 'gun special comments' person.

Also how would she she go being able to lead a group of men that come from all different backgrounds? how would players respect or react to her? For every gentleman like Marcus Bontempelli, there's your rat bags like Jordan DeGoey, Dane Swan, Ben Cousin types who at times she would need to sit down and pull them into line. Is she able to conduct those hard conversations?

Would she be respected? Imagine her telling a 200 game champion how to play football when her achievements are at a pretty poor level of standard. Locker banter is real and unfortunately she'd be the butt of most jokes in the changerooms.

Does anyone know if she's completed any coaching course?
I mean she’s still playing so don’t know on that front.

On the other bits and pieces, I don’t know that being a particularly successful AFL player is a prerequisite for being a good coach. Clarkson and Bevo weren’t exactly world on fire players. Fagan never played AFL.

I’m not saying she will go straight into a senior coaching role - I think she’s a long way for that too. What I am saying is I think her analytics are pretty good and she gets the game pretty well, and if she wanted to I think she ultimately could do it. She’s probably ten years away minimum from managing it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back