Universal Love Grand final week general discussion - Opposition supporters welcome

We were belted by a younger, tougher, more committed side. Can add more talented to that list too if I'm honest.
May sound like a copout but with gun to head, if I had to pick a club to do that to us, it'd probably be yours.

You will obviously have a huge amount of well-wishers like me, having witnessed and felt some measure of the disappointment of 2000, '88, and of course '87. Admired from afar the Flowers, Stynes, Neitzs, Greens, McDonalds, Jones' and more. Think it'd be pretty accurate to say I've like almost every Dees supporter I've met. Long-suffering as we were for so long, humble due to that (as we once were), but as passionate as any going around. I guess it's the nature of our clubs to have your supporters overwhelmingly rusted-on, legacy type people, not too many gloryhunters hang on for this long. Just good people. With that wait comes the tendency to be many's '2nd team' - again as we were at one point in time, hard as it is to imagine now.

I imagine many reading this would love to be rid of that tag - to be again disliked, feared even, due to overwhelming onfield success. To be a powerhouse of the competition once more. I think you may have all the pieces in place to do just that over the next few years.

Now as I've said to my real life diehard mates - go on and win the damned thing!
Love this!

Just secured my tickets. Top tier, southern wing.

Still wrapping my head around it. Feel awfully guilty and sick for everyone on the east coast who can't attend, a little numb, and super excited all at the same time.

Might just give up on working today and go have a lie down.
Enjoy it man. Wish I cld be there but it’s just nice to see our name on the card and to be a realistic chance

Got my tickets just after 11. Behind the goals to the right of your TV screen, 2nd tier. Wouldn't be my first pick for seat location but I wasn't going to risk jumping back in the queue and getting offered something worse or missing out altogether. Thanks again LeverPuller for your help with the code.

As I've said to a few people, if you suggested 2 years ago that I'd be watching the Dees play in a grand final in Perth in 2021, I'd be questioning your mental health! Still struggling to believe it. At the same time like Benwah83 feeling a bit numb and guilty that we've won the COVID lottery and so many others will miss out.

That being said...go the mother******* Demons!!

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Got my tickets just after 11. Behind the goals to the right of your TV screen, 2nd tier. Wouldn't be my first pick for seat location but I wasn't going to risk jumping back in the queue and getting offered something worse or missing out altogether. Thanks again LeverPuller for your help with the code.

As I've said to a few people, if you suggested 2 years ago that I'd be watching the Dees play in a grand final in Perth in 2021, I'd be questioning your mental health! Still struggling to believe it. At the same time like Benwah83 feeling a bit numb and guilty that we've won the COVID lottery and so many others will miss out.

Just get excited and enjoy . I am happy their are actual Demon faithful getting the chance to witness possible history .

Actually, I might just go watch the Prelim replay again.
Go and live broadcast yourself doing it for the Bay in a massive throwback

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Mate I'm froffing with jealousy that you get to see the dees in a legitimate chance of winning a granny. No one could say that for 57 years and for all we know might not happen again for 57.
Nah, your window is just opening, great age demographic in your group. The only thing that could hurt you over the next couple years will be injuries.

Im looking forward to a 5 year rivalry with our two teams swapping Flags, starting in 21 with the more experienced dogs of course

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

"watching the Dees play in a grand final in Perth in 2021"

mate....you are gonna watch them win the flag

"watching the Dees play in a grand final in Perth in 2021"

mate....you are gonna watch them win the flag

What meds said haha - aint saying those words in case they end up being very wrong.

Nah, your window is just opening, great age demographic in your group. The only thing that could hurt you over the next couple years will be injuries.

Im looking forward to a 5 year rivalry with our two teams swapping Flags, starting in 21 with the more experienced dogs of course
Can we get out threepeat out of the way first please?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

How about let us have this one and we'll start the rivalry next year? You campaigners already got one lol

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Posted similar on the Doggies board, but mad props to the Dees members who helped out WA-based fans with barcodes. I didn't try to get one myself as I prefer the idea of actual fans of the clubs benefitting from something like this, but it will be the only chance many of us on this side of the country have of ever going to a Grand Final. So thank you on their behalf.

Neale Daniher is a legend. I like finding reasons to support one of the contenders as a neutral and he's a tick in the Melbourne box :p

Back