Multiplat Grand Theft Auto V - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Awesome update... the dancing is actually surprisingly fun and especially with a crew around. The music is just awesome

The new Supra car is mint.

Best thing is the nightclub makes passive $$$. Less grinding to maintain it. You just do promotional missions very occasionally

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Which nightclub did everyone choose?

I got the most expensive one in West Vinewood, although a little disappointed it's not on the actual strip.

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Which nightclub did everyone choose?

I got the most expensive one in West Vinewood, although a little disappointed it's not on the actual strip.

One near maze bank. Awesome spot and right near the shopping strip. Best thing is real close to the ceo office.

You can trade it in if you want to move. But I’m not sure what the $$$ loss will be

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
They will after Read Dead - probably at least a couple more years away?
I wonder whether or not the new GTA will launch before the new generation of consoles?
Last time GTA V launched a couple of months before the PS4 and XBox One came out, and I have no doubt that dual generation versions helped with sales.

Aug 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Real Madrid
I wonder whether or not the new GTA will launch before the new generation of consoles?
Last time GTA V launched a couple of months before the PS4 and XBox One came out, and I have no doubt that dual generation versions helped with sales.
Oh yeah great point. I was a sucker and bought it twice...

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No chance, new consoles will be out around 2020 yeah?

GTA6 still 4 years away at least imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
No chance, new consoles will be out around 2020 yeah?

GTA6 still 4 years away at least imo
They would still have had a development team that would have started working on GTA VI at least for the last couple of years.
Obviously more resources will be pushed towards it once Red Dead is live, but there should still be solid groundwork for what GTA VI is by now.

My guess is that we see GTA VI being launched just after the next gen of consoles, with a PS4/XB1 version as well

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
They would still have had a development team that would have started working on GTA VI at least for the last couple of years.
Obviously more resources will be pushed towards it once Red Dead is live, but there should still be solid groundwork for what GTA VI is by now.

My guess is that we see GTA VI being launched just after the next gen of consoles, with a PS4/XB1 version as well

Possibly, I just think the continued support and success of GTA Online might be a factor (the obvious difference from last GTA dev cycle). With constant updates to GTA Online and delivery of RDR2 this year I wouldn't be surprised if not a hell of a lot has been done on GTA 6 yet.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Entire studios don’t work on a project together at the same time. Engine programmers would have already been creating tools that may have been requested for the next game, concept artists would have drawn up the rough ideas of writers, 3D modellers have probably been further defining their character rigs for no game in particular etc. Sure some ground work would have been done for the next GTA but it’s going to be years away. Sony have sent out dev kits to first party and major developers in the last 12 months but the engine programmers wouldn’t even know the full set of APIs they will be working with outside of the knowledge that the next consoles will be on x86 architecture again (and most likely AMD at least for the next PS).

IMO the next GTA will be an early next gen title so Rockstar can milk the micro transactions for the entire cycle. Also, there will probably be no more major releases on current gen outside of what we already know and next year’s E3 will start announcing a lot of next gen titles like Bethesda began to do this year. The exceptions may be games like a Death Stranding that could be a cross gen title at this late stage.

/2c

Anyone still play GTA Online on the Xbox One?
I've got a code for $2 million in game currency that I'll never use.

Father Jack would love that I reckon if it was PS4, still plays it.

Was that from RDR2 pre-order?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope so. But it wouldn't shock me if they see the end of the cycle coming, decide to wait for info on PS5, and then we get it as a six-months-after-release sort of thing (so... 2021?).

I hope the next GTA is entirely different. I loved V and thought the dialogue and writing was as cynical, funny as ever and I liked the social commentary in all of it, but it wasn't theeee most exciting map. I loved the huge difference between drab, wet, grey sprawled metropolitan Liberty City in III then the glow and orange and sunsets of Vice City. They're talking about Mexico City, Carcer City, but London would be sick. Mexico would just end up looking like San Andreas and half of V. Carcer City would be cool if it was the grungey shithole it's been before, but it was truly based on the Midwest Rust Belt. Carcer City as the mega city in the centre with all sorts of good and bad suburbs, then a total shithole that's basically Gary, Indiana underneath it, but then a version of a sunnier, greener Wisconsin with a college town (Madison) and brewtown (Milwaukee) above it.

That or London. Please London.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd love to see a GTA set in Australia but don't think it'll ever happen.
I wonder if technology will ever get to the point where users (with a lot of effort) can create custom maps and share them online. I know a little can be done with mods, but I'm talking about a full capacity city creator

I also wonder if the next GTA will have any VR elements. The "ban violent video games" crowd won't be happy with that

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd love to see a GTA set in Australia but don't think it'll ever happen.

The closest they've come so far is Mad Max (free download a month or three ago for PS plus subscribers) but that doesn't even feel like Australia. Just a big saltpan plain with rusted-out ship hulls from the long-ago.

They could have at least thrown in cars based on Toranas and Monaros and stuff like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back