Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko saying in his presser this morning that Birch's knee is coming on slower than expected, and is listed as indefinite.

Worrying.
I suspect Birch may be cooked. If this news is this mornings the 15th June, then its a couple of months since the same thing was said , not sure , but sounds pretty slow repairing?

Yeah that contract must hurt. Probably paying him 200k per year too much.

Hope Langers has saved some money in the last few years as he's got a pretty big pay cut coming late next year.

We've got amazing cap space opening up over the next 2-3 years.

He has a career outside football so is fine.

Any updates on when he's likely to play for Box Hill? He's fast running out of time. You'd think he'd need at least two games at BH to regain touch and match fitness. May be a stretch to see him play this year. But having him and Sicily return in Sept would be pretty handy!

Clarkson, possibly at his press conference said he was hopeful running defender Grant Birchall would return before the end of the home and away season. I hope so to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how we get Birch, Siss and Howe back in... Miles probably one to make way, as will Whitey...

Miles keeps his spot well ahead of whitecross. Bad luck for whitecross. Just couldn’t deliver due to injury and then poor form. Good bloke, however that’s footy.

Howe is not an automatic inclusion. Hasn’t earned this. He is a regular however not an automatic starter. Makes many errors however is developing.

The question marks will be answered against Geelong. Brand’s performance will be heavily scrutinised which comes with the territory of the position he plays (see O’Brien).

Henderson responded really well against essendon, however I still maintain his ceiling may not be enough when the going gets tough against the big boys.

Looking for massive efforts by schoenmakers, Shiels and rough against the cats. Schoenmakers straightens us up, however cegs and B.B. are a better combination.

Nevertheless the B.B. Sicily and birch selections will not be a factor until the final round. Lots can happen before then.

KOLOKOTRONIS

I am a massive fan of Birchall but would've thought he will need a VFL return to see if he's still at the skill level and pace of the modern game; only Cyril comes straight back into the side even if its a GF.

Miles keeps his spot well ahead of whitecross. Bad luck for whitecross. Just couldn’t deliver due to injury and then poor form. Good bloke, however that’s footy.

Howe is not an automatic inclusion. Hasn’t earned this. He is a regular however not an automatic starter. Makes many errors however is developing.

The question marks will be answered against Geelong. Brand’s performance will be heavily scrutinised which comes with the territory of the position he plays (see O’Brien).

Henderson responded really well against essendon, however I still maintain his ceiling may not be enough when the going gets tough against the big boys.

Looking for massive efforts by schoenmakers, Shiels and rough against the cats. Schoenmakers straightens us up, however cegs and B.B. are a better combination.

Nevertheless the B.B. Sicily and birch selections will not be a factor until the final round. Lots can happen before then.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Yeah - Birch for WX and Sicily for Brand.

Keep Miles, Worps and Harry. Howe is competing with Worps. If Worps drops form Howe back in

if he doesn't play AFL he should be eligible for VFL finals
so if VFL finals start bye week and that is his first game they could give him a run (or if he's back the week before and they just play him at Box Hill

I am a massive fan of Birchall but would've thought he will need a VFL return to see if he's still at the skill level and pace of the modern game; only Cyril comes straight back into the side even if its a GF.

There is one other!

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back