Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

yeah remember that the AFL website isn't big on fact checking
they had Jarry Morrison and Jaeger in the list of under 23 Hawks

Jaeger isn't under 23 and we don't have a Jarry on our list last time I checked

If he's only starting to run by end of January, looks like Round 1 is off the cards.

Given the season he had last year (although very durable throughout his career), hopefully they don't rush him and he comes back 100% for the rest of the year.

If he's only starting to run by end of January, looks like Round 1 is off the cards.

Given the season he had last year (although very durable throughout his career), hopefully they don't rush him and he comes back 100% for the rest of the year.
Hasn’t he been running since November?

I’ve not seen any reports, but if he’s run all of Nov + Dec, then misses 3x weeks in Jan but runs all of Feb, wouldn’t he’d be a fair shot playing in late March?

Maybe you’re right & they hold him back for a couple,.

Hasn’t he been running since November?

I’ve not seen any reports, but if he’s run all of Nov + Dec, then misses 3x weeks in Jan but runs all of Feb, wouldn’t he’d be a fair shot playing in late March?

Maybe you’re right & they hold him back for a couple,.
He wasn't doing any running at the training sessions on Jan 5, 8 and 10.
The NZ clips only show him doing stationary drills.

He says in the video he will start running by end of the month.

I doubt he built up too much fitness between the PCL surgery in August (?) to end of the year. It will take a while for him to get miles in the legs.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This isn't ideal is it. We looked so much better when birchall played last year- our ability to maintain possession is severely hampered in his absence.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers

Provides a good opportunity for Glass / Impey / Mirra !!

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
giphy.gif

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Please! It isn't even mid January and we are already down 2 key players with Birchall & Rioli having delayed starts at best. Not a great start to the year is it?

Rioli has been given a training program while in NT. He will be fine. Birchall is a concern, but we have players to replace him in need

Need his leadership on the field. With Hodge gone, all the weight of the world falls on Burger's mighty shoulders to lead the young defense.
Yes, but you'd hope Frawley would take on some of the leadership required down back.
Premiership player, all-australian, nearly 30 years old.

Back