Moved Thread Grant Birchall is as good as Corey Enright (or not)

Grant Birchal or Corey Enright, who was/is better

• Corey Enright

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Grant Birchall

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Hawthorn & Geelong fans are bloody idiots, I think the only thing I can think of was 89 stung badly and then 08 even more.

Personally most Hawthorn supporters encountered in real life are glory hungry bandwagoners. Very quickly went back to not really following footy in 2017.

They are also the most insecure fanbase by far, and therefore easiest to bait into meltdowns.

Personally most Hawthorn supporters encountered in real life are glory hungry bandwagoners. Very quickly went back to not really following footy in 2017.

They are also the most insecure fanbase by far, and therefore easiest to bait into meltdowns.
My old man's best friend hadn't spoken about football for over a decade, all through out the merger era.
Win the '08 flag and pops up like a sprinkler all chipper and smug about winning.

Just one of presumably many fair weather sailors.

Enright was much better than Birchall but still one the most over rated players of all time. 6 X AA? Deserved about half of those.

3AA is still pretty good for a half back flanker. Regardless of what he was deserving of, if the afl decided to create the greatest ever small defender award, Enright would seriously be in the discussion. He didn’t really have any major weaknesses

3AA is still pretty good for a half back flanker. Regardless of what he was deserving of, if the afl decided to create the greatest ever small defender award, Enright would seriously be in the discussion. He didn’t really have any major weaknesses
not to mention 2 AA were in Premiership years.... but yeah.. hes over rated...lol

Go Catters

images

honestly not sure what happened to Platten in the '89 GF (I was there, too); thought he might have copped a random knee to head, but may be mistaken and happy to be corrected.

Enright was elite at reading the play and reading a player. Cyril, Pendles and Dustin Fletcher are others that had this knack. It's amazing how often they could pinch a handpass or a short kick off an opponent.
The stats suggest Enright was a bit more contested averaging more tackles and contested possessions.

honestly not sure what happened to Platten in the '89 GF (I was there, too); thought he might have copped a random knee to head, but may be mistaken and happy to be corrected.
Think it was Budda that collected him which is why Dipper broke his jaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enright is overrated.

Star player dont get me wrong, and reliable as all hell but picked up 6XAA as a role player. They never left him out and his most recent selection was laughable.

Very reliable player, but was never a game changer or match winner. You wouldnt worry about Enright cutting you up. Obviously a gun but the levels of fap over him are off the charts.

Still comfortably better than Birchall- who is a very good player in his own right.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Enright is overrated.

Star player dont get me wrong, and reliable as all hell but picked up 6XAA as a role player. They never left him out and his most recent selection was laughable.

Very reliable player, but was never a game changer or match winner. You wouldnt worry about Enright cutting you up. Obviously a gun but the levels of fap over him are off the charts.

Still comfortably better than Birchall- who is a very good player in his own right.

No.

Enright is underrated by a few snarky Hawks, but barely by anyone else.

In my lifetime, i'd have Doull, McLeod and Enright as my 3 small defenders in my best team.

Next after them would be Ayres, Wanganeen, McKenna.

Hodge and Burgoyne could be in with the Top 3, but i'd have them on the bench as my ultimate swingmen. These 2 could both deserve a spot but i've got em coming off the bench wherever i need them.

This is the company that Enright keeps.

Birchall a long way off. The OP must really dislike Birchall to have started up this thread. Birchall was on a kicking to nothing.

Enright is overrated.

Oh my, this is tripe

Enright was a stopper primarily, who also had a natural ability to be creative and start attacking forays. As hemail established himself he would begin to not only shut out the oppositions best small forward, but then be a creative force for the Cats. I would put him alongside guys like Mckenna, C.Johnson and Wanganeen as one of the best defensive smalls of the AFL era and was a key reason why the Cats were so good for so long. Boris would be in Geelong best ever team discussions.

Birchall wasn't a defensive player, he was effectively a wingman who played behind the ball. Played that role very well and was extremely important to the Hawks.

Birchall is the equivalent of Mackie, a good team man who came through in a golden era for respective clubs. But neither will be talked about as potential team of the century type players.

No.

Enright is underrated by a few snarky Hawks, but barely by anyone else.

In my lifetime, i'd have Doull, McLeod and Enright as my 3 small defenders in my best team.

Next after them would be Ayres, Wanganeen, McKenna.

Hodge and Burgoyne could be in with the Top 3, but i'd have them on the bench as my ultimate swingmen. These 2 could both deserve a spot but i've got em coming off the bench wherever i need them.

This is the company that Enright keeps.

Birchall a long way off. The OP must really dislike Birchall to have started up this thread. Birchall was on a kicking to nothing.
McLeod and Hodge are better footballers than Enright. These 2 would win finals off their own boot, and have done it countless times. Hodge was a utility yet id take him every day of the week and then some over Enright in his own position.

Enright was a fantastic footballer, but he was never an out and out match winner capable of single handedly turning a match. He played a role superbly, but from Geelong, Chappy and Stevie J for instance had more impact on a match, before I even get to Ablett Selwood and co. That's the difference.

On bigfooty he's become a top 20 of all time. Was a gun but its absurd.

Enright is overrated.

Which is why i said Clement was a better player, Clement destoyed talls and smalls and they actually changed the rules because of him, Clement was also a superiour rebounder, one of the best we've seen IMO.

Enright is overrated.

Why does he need to cut you up when he ensured the oppositions best small did sweet * all while also peeling off as 3rd man to nullify I50 entries.
He didn't need to do more than that, simply doing that won games of football.

Best season i've ever seen from a small defender was Leon Davis in 2011, some of the s**t he pulled bordered on the ridiculous, went at 100% for kick ins until deep into the season and he didn't chip to the pocket either, sublime kicking skills and almost unbeatable one on one, one of the few players to earn AA honours as both a forward and defender, Leons 2011 was better than anying Enright ever netted IMO.

McLeod and Hodge are better footballers than Enright. These 2 would win finals off their own boot, and have done it countless times. Hodge was a utility yet id take him every day of the week and then some over Enright in his own position.

Enright was a fantastic footballer, but he was never an out and out match winner capable of single handedly turning a match. He played a role superbly, but from Geelong, Chappy and Stevie J for instance had more impact on a match, before I even get to Ablett Selwood and co. That's the difference.

On bigfooty he's become a top 20 of all time. Was a gun but its absurd.

I’m pretty sure even Hodgey would agree there’d be no way he could quel Cyril the way that Enright did.
You’re basically trying to compare Apples with chocolate in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back