Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been treated worse by our club than Jaeger was by Gold Coast.

I've moved on, he got 4 premierships and that is a fact. Jaeger played footy after Gold Coast, Birch hasn't come close at Hawthorn since his injury to playing a game. Not even one. W treat our new players better than our old players it would seem.... based on recent history.
Seriously, what is this?

Do you believe the Burgoyne didn't happen?
Do you believe the Hale didn't happen?
Do you believe the Gibson didn't happen?
Do you believe the Lake didn't happen?
O'Meara wont even go near. But I'm sure that didn't happen. Much like Guerra missing 2012 that didn't happen.

Seriously you love all that but will not say our club has f'd up Birchall... for a club that has fixed every single player to walk thru our doors is he not an anomaly....? yes based on you theory... but even take your theory out it's still the most monumental failure at our club during the Clarkson years. Now I'm willing to say I'll take the premierships and wear it. But geez great job with Jaegar who I love... no premierships. So move on. The Birchall f upp is a f up. I do understand he was one of the two he was on two strikes... but his form after that was subliminal for 5 years.

Birchall's form is 3 pronged. Subliminal, liminal and super-liminal.

"Super-liminal?"

Hey Birch, get on the park!

I reckon it's a masterful troll. Elegant in its use of foreboding incomprehensibility and argumentative inconsistency. It's offensive but it is difficult to explain why. It's wrong-headed but hard to point out where. If trolling were an Olympic sport I would give Zack a 9.5 out of 10.

I just can't wait to hear some sort of update on him, its been so long since we have heard anything.

yeah agree, i reckon this has made the issue more confounding than it needed to be.

I get there's some confidentiality that gets wrapped around players and their injuries, but 2 years???

The Club owes supporters more transparency than that.

I think you've missed out on the biggest story of all...
After the 2015 grand final win Clarko went swimming off the piers at Portsea and his family claim the real Alistaire never returned that day. The real Clarko only knows how to win premierships, and this imposter was run out by the HFC to cover the calamity and panic that would have set in throughout the supporter group. It's said this oddly similar facsimile was found in a pub in an abandoned town in West Australia called Day Dawn, hunkered over a rusticly created lamb souv and a tapped rusty keg.
Anyway, how the Hawthorn footy club could think we wouldn't know the difference is beyond the pale and some have speculated the whole scenario was imagined as a way to snuff out the cost of casting his visage in gold - not bronze - for display outside the Kennedy center. Eagle eyed beachgoers noted seeing what appeared to be a submarine periscope or loch ness monster in the area of Al's disappearance just hours previously.

Feel free to pass along this important news as you see fit to the wider community Zach.

Best,
FF

Maybe they finally found Harold Holt & he is coaching us! :)

He's been treated worse by our club than Jaeger was by Gold Coast.

I've moved on, he got 4 premierships and that is a fact. Jaeger played footy after Gold Coast, Birch hasn't come close at Hawthorn since his injury to playing a game. Not even one. W treat our new players better than our old players it would seem.... based on recent history.

Well that would depend on the extent of his injury in how you actually gage the clubs actions, he's still there trying I assume he's being paid , but it looks to me like he was given the opportunity to get right, by the club because of his great service, and he is a genuine bloke, so perhaps the club is coming to a decision soon, because all I know is some report every now and then about a set back or a training session or some one attached to the club says something like "yes he's up training getting game fit"?
That is about it, but no appearance.
I understand some guys go out for a few years and make a comeback, but Birch is not that young ?
I'd just like to know , as a fan and a member?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No sceens and bolt gun needed but going to have to earn his spot and shake a bit of rust off.
I’m genuinely interested to see whether his body has aged in football terms. How funny would it be if 3x years without impact or wear/tear actually extends his career?

Wake up people. Move on. Birch has been seeing out the contract for the last two years. He will never play for the firsts again unless they give him a charity game into retirement. His goose is cooked. He’s kicked the bucket. He’s dead people.

For god’s sake it’s over.

Wake up people. Move on. Birch has been seeing out the contract for the last two years. He will never play for the firsts again unless they give him a charity game into retirement. His goose is cooked. He’s kicked the bucket. He’s dead people.

To quote Monty Python "No, no, hes not dead, hes, hes restin! Beautiful plumage though!"

Don't tell people to wake up.

It's patronising bullshit. You don't know it's over, you don't know anything more than any other poster.

If you want to contribute to a discussion, learn how to communicate as an equal, not as a belligerant *******.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back