Health Granulation tissue

Remove this Banner Ad

After many years of surgey one of my recent wounds had developed granulated tissue. If you don't know what it is, this is an example.

Sometimes you can leave it alone, other times have it cut/scraped or treated with silver nitrate. If you have had this before? What method did you use to treat it and how successful was it?

Try a slurry of Lux soap flakes and 16+ Manuka honey

Hadn't heard of that home remedy.. How long did it take to heal over the tissue?

It's actually not home made, well sort of, it's been used a method of wound care for years.

Do a pubmed on Lux soap and Manuka. (separate searches)

I've had a lot of experience with wound care (family member) and this method along with very high protein intake (whey protein concentrate everyday) was the saving grace. Might have been coincidence, not sure, but in the end wounds that were being treated as paletive healed.

Last edited:
I went to see my surgeon this morning for a checkup and showed him the granulation tissue. He had to scrape it to check if it was deep or superficial, to which it ended up being the latter. Just got to monitor it over the next 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back