Graphene OS for Android Phones -- De-Googled Security

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was evesdropping on a train, a weirdo druggy guy talking to his mate on the phone about a Graphene OS for Android phones that removes all Google apps and Google spying, and makes your phone incredibly secure. Randomized MAC address, etc etc.

Sounded interesting so checked it out on Youtube. I have two phones, think Ill test it out on my secondary one....

GG.exe have you used it?
Not yet. I want to buy a second google pixel phone to use it on, not willing to "flash" the only one i have. But im keen to try. Have decided its the best alternative android OS, has had some updates that make it easier/safer to have google play store and apps installed on it, by creating like a separate partition that dont co-mingle.

The down side to these alternate OS is no bank apps will work on them without google certification.

Not yet. I want to buy a second google pixel phone to use it on, not willing to "flash" the only one i have. But im keen to try. Have decided its the best alternative android OS, has had some updates that make it easier/safer to have google play store and apps installed on it, by creating like a separate partition that dont co-mingle.

The down side to these alternate OS is no bank apps will work on them without google certification.
Yep, similarly to some reviews, there are more cons than pros for me.
Do you have to wipe the phone?

Yep, similarly to some reviews, there are more cons than pros for me.
Do you have to wipe the phone?
Yep, the process completely wipes all data, logs, media. And wipes the Google OS. You should copy all important data/media to PC, and then do the Graphene install.

Graphene only works on google pixel phones, as they have the best security features and chips in them, even better than Apple (reportedly). So graphene uses that infrastructure to then create a hyper secure and private OS. Google mines too much data.

But yeah, im not willing to wipe my only phone. Would buy a second hand one and install there, to test.

A lot of people do say its hard to live with graphene, so used to all the google features and full app range, but the newer updated graphene like i said has a way to incorporate google play as like a second partition that doesnt impinge on the security of the primary partition...if people want to use things like insta, or google sheets, or maps, etc, they can do it on the other partition.

Again, better to install on a second phone and trial it all.

Been using GrapheneOS for ages.

I ******* love it.
Hows the latest version, where they have built in a new method for allowing google play to work without compromising personal info? Where you have like a separate partition for google play to function where you can choose a few apps to work there but keep all your other apps free if it in a separate partition.

Any issues?

Hows the latest version, where they have built in a new method for allowing google play to work without compromising personal info? Where you have like a separate partition for google play to function where you can choose a few apps to work there but keep all your other apps free if it in a separate partition.

Any issues?

I don't use Google Apps so I don't really have a need for it.

But when they first released it I did give it a whirl with Google Maps and it worked perfectly fine. (Before both being deleted ).

The only real issue with Graphene (imo) is if you use alternate stores like Aurora.

Some apps require being installed from Google Play. If you have one of these, and you accidentally update the app from Aurora you get the 'Please install from the Play store' bs.

Thankfully none of my banking apps require any play services at all.

Thankfully none of my banking apps require any play services at all
Oh so they do work? The big issue I'd heard was all banking apps require google authentication services to work, because google offers rigid security for such sensitive info. One reason why i was hesitant. Which banking app do you use? I have NAB and HSBC.

Oh so they do work? The big issue I'd heard was all banking apps require google authentication services to work, because google offers rigid security for such sensitive info. One reason why i was hesitant. Which banking app do you use? I have NAB and HSBC.

Commbank, Standard Chartered, a few stock brokerage apps.

The only one that gave me issues was Crypto.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I run it on my Pixel 6. It is literally the best way to run Android in the current year.

Thinking of getting a 6. (With Graphene obv).

The phone too massive to be reasonable.

let us know how you get on GG.exe (if you do try it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back