News Graphic Designer for Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dunno how this will go but Ill put it out there anyway.

Christoh, who is a poster that keeps to the Port Adelaide board (I think) has sent me through a link saying that Port are looking for a new Graphic Designer.

So what Im looking for is for you create and submit a new logo and a membership drive poster for 2011. You can also put a new jumper design in the entry as I know some of you think we should go with a teal clash, bit it is not necessary. This is what you would create for Port if you got the job as their Graphic Designer.

Like I said up the top, I dunno how this will go because this is more a jumpers/kits board but Ill put it out there anyway.

The comp will close at 11.59pm on the 30th of September. This isnt really a strict deadline it will still be open while there are entries coming in, within reason.

Do we have to stick with the 'Power' nick and the current colours?
I have always thought that Port should go back to the drawing board in regards to there branding and identity.
The Port Pirates with a stylized skull and crossbones logo would give the club more character... a bad guy image to oppostion supporters.
I feel the Power brand is too neautral, people don't generally like or hate them.

What's your opinion as a Port fan GANTY?
Do you love the colours and the Power name?

Ummm...the job ad says you have to work with the existing Power brand and sub-brands sooo...I think we will keep to Ports current colours and the Power nickname so the comp can be judged on how well your entry would reinvigorate the Power's currnet image.

Im not sure about the colours and the Power name really. I was only six when Port came into the AFL so didnt experience any of Port's dominance in the SANFL. Id like to have changed and discarded the black and white at the time of our entry not just added teal to avoid the whole Collingwood thing. While Id like to stick to tradition I think Port's entry to the AFL wouldve been a perfect oportunity to start a new tradition.

The name couldve been better though. Apparently there were better names on the table but we went with the Power.

1zzjls7.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back