News Gray, Bonner and Frederick sign new deals

Remove this Banner Ad

Fred deserved another year.

Lack of motlop very conspicuous. Maybe he is done contingent on who comes in trade week/draft.

Flash Frederick could easily have played a few more games instead of DBJ this year. The games he did play, he looked to play conservative footy as a close checking defender and hit up his targets. That was a solid platform that he can build from. If he gets some open field in front of him he can light up the jets.

For some reason adding Fredericks makes it even more underwhelming.
Not that I don’t think he’s a decent SANFL/Back up type.
Yep. Saw the heading got a little excited... and probably couldn't have picked a combo of players that left me more flat. Always nice to have Robbie around, and he's earned it, but Bonner and Fred hardly raise my enthusiasm. Hopefully Bonner can chuck an Amon this year and surprise me but I feel like Farrell has a better chance and more to offer in that regard.

Frederick is a free hit. He is our only cat b rookie and lists can be 42 + 2 cat b players. At worst he helps the Maggies.

Bonner could be anything next year. He could return to Bonner 2020 in which case I’d rather we had Neville Bonner. But if he continues on the 2021 trajectory???? If he improves as much as he did this year he will be our second brownlow medalist.

Robbie has one last shot. All the negativity here about our immediate chances reminds me of October 2003. Everyone thought we had missed our window. Sometimes that’s what a club needs to really double down.

Now or never, Robbie.

Hopefully Bonner can chuck an Amon this year

Would love to see Bonner move up onto the wing next year and make it his own.

Jones can come in and take his back flank/pocket.

That long range goal from Bonner in the prelim was beautiful and can see him doing that a lot more if given space up the ground.

Fred deserved another year.

Lack of motlop very conspicuous. Maybe he is done contingent on who comes in trade week/draft.

I think it's time to get out of the motlop business. We know what he offers, the occasion good game and a propensity for going missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's time to get out of the motlop business. We know what he offers, the occasion good game and a propensity for going missing.
Didn't agree with this a month ago but I do agree with it now. The fact that everybody involved in our prelim loss is going to be at the club next year is disgusting, and tells the players and the fans that we don't view that result as unacceptable.

If we're not going to get rid of Ken, we could've at least gotten rid of the 30 year old fringe player who has had a propensity to go missing for a long time and who put in a ton of soft s**t efforts on the day. Somebody needs to pay the price, and Motlop is an obvious candidate.

Didn't agree with this a month ago but I do agree with it now. The fact that everybody involved in our prelim loss is going to be at the club next year is disgusting, and tells the players and the fans that we don't view that result as unacceptable.

If we're not going to get rid of Ken, we could've at least gotten rid of the 30 year old fringe player who has had a propensity to go missing for a long time and who put in a ton of soft sh*t efforts on the day. Somebody needs to pay the price, and Motlop is an obvious candidate.
Not everyone. Schofield and Voss both got promotions :D

I can't see Marty ever making it - got some weapons but nowhere near enough intensity around the ball when he's played at the top level.

I know this is supposed to be good news but you can't help think that the timing was to divert attention away from Hinkley.

Besides, Bonner who is at Port by the skin of his teeth (good prelim though), Gray who more than likely go out without a flag after the 2022 season and Frederick who was almost delisted.

Still waiting on that gun midfielder signing.

I know this is supposed to be good news but you can't help think that the timing was to divert attention away from Hinkley.

Besides, Bonner who is at Port by the skin of his teeth (good prelim though), Gray who more than likely go out without a flag after the 2022 season and Frederick who was almost delisted.

Still waiting on that gun midfielder signing.
Jesus, it's the off-season. Ken is basically irrelevant this time of year while CD and the list management guys go to work. The only people concerned about Hinkley now are the #sackhinkley lemmings.

Not sure why everyone hates Bonner. I have been as critical as any of him in the past, but to pretend he only played 1 game this year is make believe fantasy crap. Was really good early, got injured, had a poor return for 4-6 weeks, but he was solid at the end of the season. He is a bit flaky and is lazy at times, but he is the only one that genuinely makes up for it. 20ppg for a guy who can kick it 60 and runs the ball is exactly what we are lacking more of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back