International Great Britain v New Zealand Test series

Remove this Banner Ad

So, no Manu, no SJ, no Foran, no Mannering. England also without Sam Tomkins (out for series) and Jack Reed.

Will Mcnamara risk George Williams at 6? I hope he does; he's been arguably the best 6 in the comp this season. If you're good enough, you're old enough!

I'm not going to Hull, it's just too far. I have a ticket for the Third Test in Wigan, and will probably go to the second in London next weekend too.

The games are live on the BBC anyway.

Awful game. Worst I've been to since that terrible Challenge Cup Final a couple of years ago in pouring rain when Hull couldn't catch a ball all day. NZ were poor, and England much worse. They need to throw the shackles off at the DW next week.

s**t tour so far NZ not really getting anything out of this tour, aside from a more distinguished haka #churr

seems like an end of season trip for the regulars and senior players on the Kiwi roster.

If they were fair dinkum about this tour they would have taken and blooded a lot more youngsters, id hate for a storm player to cop an injury and miss games this year.

My 2 Cents

Who are the youngsters they could have taken and didn't? Nikorima is there, Lolo is there, Kahu is there...

Agree the standard of footy has been poor from both sides so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two very poor reffing decisions went in England's favour in the second half. Other than that, I thought Thaler was decent, and I don't think anyone could seriously claim that was why England won. Watching the game back on TV last night, I can see how a non-English audience would be bugged by the commentary. But are Oz/Kiwis commentators really any different? In fact it was left to Brian Noble to rightly bring a sense of proportion to Dave Woods' more excitable comments. All that said, the BBC coverage is still way better than those clowns at Sky, and the studio punditry is decent. I like Jamie Peacock a lot; he rightly commands respect throughout the game, and always talks sense.

By far the best of the three games from both sides and a very good contest of Test rugby considering the conditions. It never looks as bad on TV, but believe me, it was chucking it down! I was sat one row from the front, right at pitch-side, and got a good soaking!

Credit to Adam Blair and Kearney for their comments after the match, too.

Well, one thing that has really improved is England's defence. All too often in the past, we've gone into tournaments full of optimism against Oz/NZ, only to see them score soft tries running through big holes in the goal-line defence. With the exception of the first try of the tournament, that didn't happen in this series. 35 points conceded in three Tests isn't bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back