Great footy moments

Remove this Banner Ad

InTheBack!

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2000
BrisVegas
To fill in the days before we start humiliating the opposition can we have some glorious or inglorious memories of the Lions/Bears? The oldest memory will get a virtual pat on the back.

Here are a some of mine in chronological order & are not particularly vintage so I want to hear something from the 50's please.

1. The first ever Gabba final v Essendon 1996 Score - 101 to 100. I dont think I have ever heard such a crowd as on that night.

2. Vs St Kilda rnd 22 Gabba 1998 a 1 point win, a real reward for suffering rnds 1-21 that year.

2. Final v Carlton 1999 @ Gabba where they ran out of beer at 1/2 time.

2. Voss's 70m goal v Pies 2000

3. Choosing to go to the Melbourne match at Docklands for our interstate trip last year instead of Sydney, the Dees match was a disaster, the Sydney game a great victory.

InTheBack! promises:
The oldest memory will get a virtual pat on the back.

Alec Sloan, Jim and Mick Grace leading the Maroons to their first premiership in 1898, defeating Essendon by 15 points at the Junction. What a great day! The umpire was Crapp, but he had no effect on the result.

Now, where's my pat on the back?
smile.gif

Sorry Ghost. There was an attendance of 16,538 at that game. You must be confused with the district cricket match the next week.
newangel1.gif

[This message has been edited by Mr Ripper (edited 27 October 2000).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back