Training Great, Good and the Bad vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with all the sentiments here. I think that Port are actually a club that doesnt know themselves and are in crisis:

Crisis of confidence
Crisis of identity
Crisis of game strategy
Crisis of fledgeling supporter bases who are adding fuel to the fire of the crisis of identity.
Sounds like a good time for yet another guernsey change.

ADELAIDE v PORT ADELAIDE
9 Sam Jacobs (Adel)
7 Rory Sloane (Adel)
5 Taylor Walker (Adel)
4 Matt Crouch (Adel)
3 Eddie Betts (Adel)
1 Brad Crouch (Adel)
1 Tom Lynch (Adel)

4 & 5
3 & 4 Rory
5 Tex
2 & 2 Mrouch
3 Eddie
1 Brouch
1 Tommy

odd spread

It could be
Jacobs: 5 and 4
Sloane: 5 and 2
Walker: 3 and 2
M. Crouch: 4
Betts: 3
B. Crouch: 1
T. Lynch: 1

But either way, one coach (presumably Hinkley) failed to recognise either Matt Crouch or Walker in their top 5. Someone put Tom Lynch ahead of one of them. Someone didn't rate Betts' game, either.

I'm going to do a complete blind guess and say that your spread is correct.

Pyke:

5. Walker
4. Jacobs
3. Sloane
2. M. Crouch
1. B. Crouch

Hinkley:

5. Jacobs
4. Sloane
3. Betts
2. M. Crouch
1. Lynch

Just watched the first qtr again, seriously how did westhoff out run Keath I heard lever and Rowie laughing about it on AA tonight

Although @Scorpos was adamant he didn't

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Explain how he outran him

Watch it he was actually touching him on the half forward line and was about half a metre back when westhoff kicked the goal near the forward square

Lever even said on AA Keath felt like his legs weren't moving

I thought there was a bit more separation. I also think Keath got caught ball watching and that allowed Westhoff to get some metres on him, but once Keath put the hard yards in he almost caught him. I assume this was when he hit the 32km

I thought there was a bit more separation. I also think Keath got caught ball watching and that allowed Westhoff to get some metres on him, but once Keath put the hard yards in he almost caught him. I assume this was when he hit the 32km

Nah just watched it again it would have been embarrassing to get beaten by s**t lips like that

Finally watching the replay.

"And it's hard to know who actually won that opening quarter"

What the ****, Dwayne?

No, I agree with that.

Port came out of that quarter in a good position, which despite being dominated for 20 minutes was a huge win for them. Had they fixed s**t, and got some momentum in the second quarter, we would have been looking at this game as a "what if" proposition as we pissed away a golden opportunity; usually when you piss away a golden opportunity, it ends up punishing you in sport.

Thankfully Port were too s**t too punish us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keath wasn't catching Westhoff, as they were running at the same pace... but agree with the rest of your post.

Was great to watch the defensive organisation after then, which ensured we had coverage at the back & also patrolled the space to ensure we had Port's measure to rebound the ball.

No, I agree with that.

Port came out of that quarter in a good position, which despite being dominated for 20 minutes was a huge win for them. Had they fixed s**t, and got some momentum in the second quarter, we would have been looking at this game as a "what if" proposition as we pissed away a golden opportunity; usually when you piss away a golden opportunity, it ends up punishing you in sport.

Thankfully Port were too s**t too punish us.

I was telling my mates it brought back bad memories of our second quarter in the first showdown in 2015. That one where we took control of the game in the second and dominated play only to kick 2.5, and to watch them nail their only shots late in the quarter.

We were very good in general play, but also very lucky that we didnt play a team good enough to punish us for the missing that went on in that first quarter. Better not miss sodas like that in september.

Loved when Jacobs outmarked Ryder for our first and our players, in particular Brad, gave it to Ryder.

Since the Bulldogs game we've come out with a much tougher edge. I was critical of Pyke for not getting our players to play like this but he's done it, well done.
I love that we've got a good amount of campaigner about us now. Bumping and shoving the opposition at every opportunity, getting stuck into them when they make a mistake, it's great to see.

Pyke:

5. Walker
4. Jacobs
3. Sloane
2. M. Crouch
1. B. Crouch

Hinkley:

5. Jacobs
4. Sloane
3. Betts
2. M. Crouch
1. Lynch
This doesn't make sense.
No way was Walker BOG (but ignored by Hinkley) and Pyke almost certainly would have given Jacobs the 5 points. I can't see Hinkley overlooking Walker's impact on the game, either. Isn't it more likely that Walker got a 3-2 vote split, with Betts 2-1?
Why don't they just say who voted for whom? What's the big secret?

I was telling my mates it brought back bad memories of our second quarter in the first showdown in 2015. That one where we took control of the game in the second and dominated play only to kick 2.5, and to watch them nail their only shots late in the quarter.

We were very good in general play, but also very lucky that we didnt play a team good enough to punish us for the missing that went on in that first quarter. Better not miss sodas like that in september.

One of the best examples of it is the 98 grand final.

North should have buried us that game, but they gave a sucker a break and paid the price.

I absolutely love his mongrel at the moment. He can barely walk past an opposition player without wanting to smash into them at the moment.

The best thing is it's infectious as well.

Smith, Brown, Gov etc have all be really niggling as well in the past couple of weeks.

The value of it was really driven home to me by listening to Triple M this morning. Dittmar started having a whinge to him that he started roughing up Boak and then Gray after two goals he kicked. I'm thinking that's still what's on his mind?

It gets into the other team's head though. It bothers them, frustrates them, attracts their attention. You can only imagine it's made far worse when he's doing it to you after a big goal at home with the crowd roaring and you know everyone's watching him bully you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back