Great grand final matchups we were robbed of

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast vs Freo 2015

The Hawks kicked 15.4 in the prelim at Domain to defeat the Dockers by 27 points.

Interestingly, even though Freo won the minor premiership that season, they copped a 12-goal hiding in Rd 15.

The opponent was Hawthorn. It seems Clarko had RTB's measure that year.
Would of been epic as a neutral but Freo would of lost that grand final vs the eagles in 2015. Fyfe broke his leg, Pavlich did his calf, McPharlin was injured too

Would of been epic as a neutral but Freo would of lost that grand final vs the eagles in 2015. Fyfe broke his leg, Pavlich did his calf, McPharlin was injured too
Yep, Freo bombing in a home prelim cost us a premiership ha

I would have been more confident v Freo, but the build up would of been crazy.

Yeah we were all robbed of a Richmond v Geelong Grand final 100 years ago
What has that got to do with anything?
Don’t get all upset because I brought up the 4 peat being absurd because they lost 2 of the Grand Finals.

You pointed out the old final 8 system was flawed - which it was.
And I pointed out it was even worse back in the 20s because you could effectively lose a Grand Final then challenge the following week.

Collingwood vs Richmond 2019 and Collingwood vs Geelong 2022 would've been better contests than what we got these two years with both NSW teams well beaten. And Richmond vs Geelong in 2017 would've been another good matchup the first in September.

We'd be too strong for Carlton but the buildup and atmosphere in Melbourne would've been intense had the Blues held momentum after kicking 5 goals in the first quarter in the prelim.

I know we got this is a prelim, but I reckon it would have been good to see bulldogs vs st kilda in 09 or 10, just a shame both teams peaked when geelong and Collingwood were on top of their game those years. Even 97 would have been great, both teams looking to break their long droughts and win their second flag and a win for the battlers

Collingwood vs Richmond 2019 and Collingwood vs Geelong 2022 would've been better contests than what we got these two years with both NSW teams well beaten. And Richmond vs Geelong in 2017 would've been another good matchup the first in September.

We'd be too strong for Carlton but the buildup and atmosphere in Melbourne would've been intense had the Blues held momentum after kicking 5 goals in the first quarter in the prelim.
I think this is one season where there are no what ifs. We were not robbed of any other match up. We got the best 2 teams playing a classic. Maybe Collingwood Carlton next year but this year everything about the GF felt right

I know we got this is a prelim, but I reckon it would have been good to see bulldogs vs st kilda in 09 or 10, just a shame both teams peaked when geelong and Collingwood were on top of their game those years. Even 97 would have been great, both teams looking to break their long droughts and win their second flag and a win for the battlers
Or in 2008 had they caused massive upsets against Geelong and Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could only beat us without Chapman and Enright. Freo were cooked by grand final day.

Out of all the preliminary finals and Grand Finals between 2012-2015 you lost the free kick count only once.
Amazing stuff from a side that played on the edge.
How much did you pay the umpires?
And hawkins. We played josh walker at full foward in the freo final.

are-you-serious-spiderman.gif

Biggest belly laugh since "I do not recall". Hawthorn had way more scoring shots than Geelong on the night and would have still beaten Geelong regardless of the team line up.
Lol. we had no enright or chapman, both our first rucks missing, hawkins was unable to move out of the qoal square due to his back, motlops knee was stuffed and even after all that, you only just won cos you had a week off and we ran out of legs.

it was almost impossible for you not to win and yet you almost did.

Eagles v freo, port v adelaide or even Sydney v gws would be interesting moved to melbourne
Would at least expose the AFL for how many corporate tickets they hand out when there’s a packed MCG, meanwhile all but 30k of the club’s real supporters are stuck watching it in pubs because they couldn’t get a ticket or afford to travel across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back