Great images in cricket.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
Thought crossed my mind lying in bed last night, have we ever seen the two of them in the same room? I think the photo is from the Kiwi tour of 1978(?) because Hadlee is there wearing his Northants vest and that's the only time he played for WSC.
Were you lying back and thinking of England (cricketers)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #232
Larwood actually seemed like a decent enough bloke from what I've read, not so sure about Bradman. I think DK was that fly on the wall.
I've got a scrap book full of articles that Larwood wrote for a newspaper straight after Bodyline and there's not a lot of repentance in them. His Nuremberg defence seems to be a later thing in life.

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
I've got a scrap book full of articles that Larwood wrote for a newspaper straight after Bodyline and there's not a lot of repentance in them. His Nuremberg defence seems to be a later thing in life.
I read some stuff as well, I think he was just following orders and given he was a pro I can see why he would have done so without thinking about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Anyone know the ground?

Looks like a cracking hill to watch the cricket on.
Was just thinking that.

I'm assuming most of the promo stuff was done in Sydney so i'm gonna say " Henson Park "

In Marrickville , the former NSWRL ( forerunner to NRL ) team the Newtown Jets old home ground

SarahSmiles

Watching, waiting, commiserating.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Renegades, Victory and SCS
4 years ago today we lost Phil Hughes

As much as David Warner's a dick head this is one of the most beautiful images of all time.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Gough do you have the coffee table book "Australia: Story of a Cricket Country" edited by Christian Ryan. It's chock filled with such images.
This one is of Jack Gregory in England in the early 20's is my favourite.

Top Bottom