Remove this Banner Ad

Moonwatcher

Hall of Famer
Dec 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolute Gold!!

If only someone tweets that pic to Piers Morgan.......
Picture-4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks to Jo Solomon, December 14, 1960 became the day of the first ever Tied Test. Mike Atherton wrote this article about the role Solomon played in one of the most famous tests in cricket history.

1702559859659.png

Last edited:

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Why was that match played in whites?

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
In the comments below they said it was the last odi played in whites.
Yeah I read that, but ODIs played since the 80s had coloured clothing. What was different for that particular match? Unless it was a pre planned send off type thing.

western royboy

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Yeah I read that, but ODIs played since the 80s had coloured clothing. What was different for that particular match? Unless it was a pre planned send off type thing.
Only the Tri Series in Australia was played with white balls and coloured uniforms and for a while England refused eventually playing in all light blue before eventually embracing it, for a long time - games in England were still red ball and whites for a long time after - white balls / coloured clothing was part of World Series Cricket introduced by Kerry Packer

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No idea mate, every team had their own strip by then.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Only the Tri Series in Australia was played with white balls and coloured uniforms and for a while England refused eventually playing in all light blue before eventually embracing it, for a long time - games in England were still red ball and whites for a long time after - white balls / coloured clothing was part of World Series Cricket introduced by Kerry Packer
Showing my lack of age clearly.

Remove this Banner Ad