big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Thought crossed my mind lying in bed last night, have we ever seen the two of them in the same room? I think the photo is from the Kiwi tour of 1978(?) because Hadlee is there wearing his Northants vest and that's the only time he played for WSC.
Were you lying back and thinking of England (cricketers)?

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don Bradman meets Babe Ruth at a baseball game in New York during the Australian tour of North America in 1932.

Don&Babe.jpg

Larwood actually seemed like a decent enough bloke from what I've read, not so sure about Bradman. I think DK was that fly on the wall.
I've got a scrap book full of articles that Larwood wrote for a newspaper straight after Bodyline and there's not a lot of repentance in them. His Nuremberg defence seems to be a later thing in life.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I've got a scrap book full of articles that Larwood wrote for a newspaper straight after Bodyline and there's not a lot of repentance in them. His Nuremberg defence seems to be a later thing in life.

I read some stuff as well, I think he was just following orders and given he was a pro I can see why he would have done so without thinking about it.

Anyone know the ground?

Looks like a cracking hill to watch the cricket on.

Was just thinking that.

I'm assuming most of the promo stuff was done in Sydney so i'm gonna say " Henson Park "

In Marrickville , the former NSWRL ( forerunner to NRL ) team the Newtown Jets old home ground

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
matthew-hoggard-england-graeme-smith-south-africa_3001679.jpg

Hoggard cleans up South Africa in Jo'Burg

ak600_1500192057.jpg

Kumble takes an 8for against Australia in Sydney

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Billy Connolly wields the willow in an unorthodox manner, and earns some extra cash in the process.

Connolly.PNG

Great pic Gough, reminds me of a young Ricky Ponting and that the string to the past of Australian cricket, though frayed, remains unbroken. Fantastic.
In the same spirit. Monty Noble demonstrating the cut to young NSW batsmen. Jackson is in the middle.
20181122_163252.jpg

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gough do you have the coffee table book "Australia: Story of a Cricket Country" edited by Christian Ryan. It's chock filled with such images.
This one is of Jack Gregory in England in the early 20's is my favourite.
100461.jpg

Jack_Gregory_(cricketer)

Larwood actually seemed like a decent enough bloke from what I've read, not so sure about Bradman. I think DK was that fly on the wall.
I think we can be reasonably enough satisfied that Jardine was the real dickhead vis a vis Bodyline.

Back