Autopsy Great moments ruined by shite commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically anything said by Dwayne Russell, Brian Taylor or Brooooooooooccceee.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Can’t find it but Bruce’s “ROOOAAAARRRR” when Richmond goaled to get within a kick after being 59 points down against Port Adelaide in Cousins’ last game would have to be a contender for worst commentary of all time.
Referring to this bit of commentary?

Hudson is awful, just awful. I'm not saying Basil is any good, but at least he doesn't add histrionics and tries to make himself the centre of attention.

But then, some like yourself seem to need this added "colour" it appears. I guess you watch TV on the "vivid" colour setting too?

Some of us prefer the commentators to know basic rules and be able to correctly call players names.

Take this one

What is it with Basil ruining games involving Freo?

"Dempsey" kicks the goal huh Basil? Get a clue.

Basil is a tryhard Commetti. He has sucked the right penises to get to where he is because theres no way in hell he gets a gig as a media personality from his voice, looks or ability to commentate.

Are you suggesting someone actually wanted Basil to suck their penis?

Next you'll tell me Peter Dutton got where he is by granting sexual favours.

I hope those who think Hudson is worse than Basil are watching the footy right now. The man is a ******* muppet. Looks like one too:

gonzo2.jpg

Last qtr of Freo v Port final in Perth 2014.

Game in the balance with 10 mins to go, then Port Adelaide kick 4 in a row against the odds to beat Freo who were almost unbeatable at home back then.

Brian Taylor commentating each goal like it was a funeral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo was s**t. He went through this phase where he had to bark out "mark of the year" like he was some great oracle when a great mark was taken. Sean Smith's mark at the Gabba a good example. Detracted from the excitement of the main caller every time.

It still grates when you watch old highlights.

"Mark of tha yeeee-yah!!!"

I feel the need to express my angst at the current trend for commentators to pat each other on the back all the time for making supposed "great calls".

It's like any of the viewers give the slightest * about the commentators.

There was a game earlier in the year, I think from memory it was a Bulldogs game, where Luke Darcy actually yelled "great call Richo!!" as a player took a mark 30m out directly in front!!!

No comment on the mark, no comment on the pass, no mention of the player whatsoever, no mention of the fact that a bloke just took a grab and was going to line up for goal....no...just felt the overwhelming need to ruin the moment with a top shelf example of utter floggery and a total lack of professionalism.

Commentators in general have too much to say during play. It’s like they read the book aloud whilst your watching the movie. MacAvaney talks so much it’s like Braille TV. The art of adding the right comment at the right moment is lost on current commentators. But it pales compared to roaming Brian.
Switching between the Storm game and the Dees last night, the AFL commentary was like listening to someone operating a line trimmer.

Can’t find it but Bruce’s “ROOOAAAARRRR” when Richmond goaled to get within a kick after being 59 points down against Port Adelaide in Cousins’ last game would have to be a contender for worst commentary of all time.
It was actually to get within like 5 goals. I don’t think it would be remembered if not for the commentary.

I think you’re right there..hard to argue.

Just the memory of it is painful.

Bruce Almighty the knob of all knobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back