Great NFL Games & Chokes

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
An obscure game as I mentioned in nfl week 5 thread.

2009/10

Defending champs Steelers held scoreless on the road and lose 9-0 to the Browns. The nine points all field goals. An upset but not that much of a surprise as they are divisional rivals. I felt the Browns that day and steered away from the punt on the Black and Yellow.
Another regular season match involving the Browns choked. I recall at the time even with just over a minute remaining that the Browns would somehow blow it.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/cleveland_browns_new_england_p.html

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Loved the Giants going into a red hot Green Bay in 2012 and dismantling them on their home deck. There was a great encounter during the regular season where the G-Men just fell short against a dynamic Aaron Rogers. Green Bay were set for greatness that season as defending champs, but the Giants reigned in on another parade.

Ravens epic win during O.T at Denver in 2013 was huge as was the win a week later in New England. Epic Super Bowl a week after that as mentioned.

9ers v Saints in 2012

May have mentioned the above already but tough ****.

Chokers - The Atlanta Falcons. The Pack killed them in 2010/11. 9ers got em in 2012/13. Pats in 2016/17. Choking is what they do best.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Still can't believe they didn't run the ball on first down back in the 2015 SB. Yeah it didn't work all the time during the game, no s**t. It's not going to otherwise you would score every touch down der. Lynch was their best weapon, give him at least a couple of cracks before throwing the ball from that ******* distance.

Was a great Super Bowl, but a major * up.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
i would also call seattle passing the ball on 1st and G at the 1 yard line in the super bowl vs the Pats as a choke as well.

a choke doesnt have to be giving away a lead
Completely agree and also why I posted the game, not just because it was a good one. They literally. threw away the Super Bowl.

One of the biggest chokes in the history of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Saints-Rams had a shootout I believe in 2018 as did Rams@Chiefs in 2018/19 I'm also guessing.

A good game was that regular season game where Pitt were ****ed over by Brady and Co that would have ensured home fied throught the playoffs. Instead teh Patriots got it, but they got it alright when the Eagles got up against the odds in the S.B. Jags upset the Steelers on the road in a beauty of a divisional game in week 2 of the playoffs.

Should have been aN Eagles-Steelers S.B that season.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I would have mentioned it in here, cbf re-hashing.

Chiefs leading 28-0 then getting rolled to Indi in the playoffs.

G.B losing 45-51 in O.T to Zona 2009/10

Ravens-Pats numerous great tussles, especially in the playoffs. Love that road in in 2012/13. Steamrolled them in 2009/10 also. ****ed it up in 2011/12 with that missed F.G, like the 9ers home to Giants who bashed G.B At Lambeu those playoffs in a stunning upset. Great game at Metlife too.

Jets smashing Brady at Foxborough in 2009/10 playofffs lmao after they were humiliated 48-3 or something in the regular season.

* I love Football. NFL is better than AFL these days by a mile. That being said I loved the finals and they were pretty awesome even if we did Geelong it up come finals, as we do.

Honourable mention - 2009/10 game at Cleveland. Reigning champs losing to the spuds 9-0 with 3 solitary Field Goals. Not so Steely resolve there.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah the Steelers got robbed in that one
'' The New England Patriots stormed back from a 24-0 halftime deficit to beat the Denver Broncos34-31 in a contest that finished early Monday morning and deep into overtime. It was the biggest comeback of Brady's career.Nov 24, 2013 ''

A not so good memory for you my man:)

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
'' The New England Patriots stormed back from a 24-0 halftime deficit to beat the Denver Broncos34-31 in a contest that finished early Monday morning and deep into overtime. It was the biggest comeback of Brady's career.Nov 24, 2013 ''

A not so good memory for you my man:)
All for naught

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
chiefs choked away two huge leads in the playoffs before the mahomes super bowl run
The Indi one and another? Or when Mahomes was present.

great game vs Pats in 2018/19 Championship game. That wasnt one was it? guessing they led by 10 max if at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back