Opinion Great scenes in cinema/television

Remove this Banner Ad

Ripping movie.

Ridley Scott was at the complete top of his game as a young director back then.

Some hated the follow up with the Gosling, but I loved it. A seemless transition that both modernised and paid tribute.

I love Korean cinema too btw, but I'm not sure if this is the crowd.

Id love to post some Memories of Murder, Spring Summer Fall Winter and........Spring scenes, but it probably doesn't work in this thread.

I'll just do some Oldboy instead...

Ripping movie.

Ridley Scott was at the complete top of his game as a young director back then.

Some hated the follow up with the Gosling, but I loved it. A seemless transition that both modernised and paid tribute.

Absolutely Grogg. Villeneuve did a fantastic job, and although I'm pretty m'eh on Ryan Gosling most of the time, he was great in this, and it turns out perfectly cast. Visually stunning film, and upheld the dark grit and neon of the original. Also nailed perfectly an updated version of what the bleak fine details of the post apocalyptic future might look like. And the unending fight scene where Deckard almost drowns lashed to his seat was fantastic. That balance of humour and horror was perfectly calibrated, and I feel like only Harrison Ford could have pulled it off. Pretty much a flawless film, IMHO.

Saw Alien in the theatre when I was 11 years old (good old dad signed me in!) Scared the bejeezus out of me. Been a die hard Ridley Scott fan ever since.

Nice call on Paris, Texas too. Little known gem, with another of my faves, Harry Dean Stanton, rest his soul. And coming full circle coincidentally, he's also the same actor who got a tongue through the brain in Alien while searching for the ship's cat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last scene in the Boys in Company C.

Its got the credits as well but you don't have to watch them. This is the first Vietnam movie I watched and its flawed but still pretty good. The ending is great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back