Great songs, that also have great music videos

Remove this Banner Ad

Any of Tools really. But that’s the topper, still unsettling quarter of a century later.
Yeah no idea where they got the inspiration rom either

But cool as * and has aged well

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Why not have the very first music video with special effects. The very first video that didn't just have a band playing or special effects that involved the camera jumping in and out or a kaleidoscope effect.
Great song, great video, great to watch.

Last edited:

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
I guess back in the 60s promo vids were shown on TV. I can only imagine the impact of this one and especially the song had back 68. For context, the Stones last couple of years had been Kinks like ditties, and self indulgent psychedelia. See 2000 Light Years from Home earlier in thread. Then came this one. Must have blown some minds, sitting at home watching the BBC and bang this comes on.
It kicked off the golden age of the greatest rock n roll band in the world :thumbsu:

and in the weird AF, Syd Barrett and his band :)
Why did these bands like going to the park and acting like loons. Somebody had some of the good stuff. :laughv1:

Honorable Mention: any TV show vids of the Small Faces and Faces from this era. Too funny, they just didn't GAF about lip synching, and some of the best music ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast

A mate I used to work with and myself used to go to the pub at lunch ( yes in the 90s a couple of beers at lunch before heading back to work was a thing) and they had a video jukebox .. the train sequence always blew our mind.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Two strange videos.
Only ever heard the music before but geez, never realised Hunters and Collectors were around so early.
That video looks early to mid 80's at latest.
Both videos are clearly in Melbourne.
Yep, two of Melbourne's best bands.

The Hunters & Collectors track (Betty's Worry or The Slab) was from their 1984 album The Jaws Of Life. It was their third album after their 1981 self titled debut and 1983's The Fireman's Curse. Fireman's Curse is a little disappointing, but I love H&C and Jaws.

The Model's track (Local and/or General) is from their second album, 1981's Local and/or General which is one of my all time favourite Aussie albums, so many great songs on that album such as Unhappy, Drunk In The House, Telstar, The Truth About The Truth About Scientists and Dying For My Country At The War.

If there is one band that deserves the remaster treatment it's the Model's, five brilliant and greatly under rated albums. I think the Out Of Mind Out Of Sight album has had the remastered treatment but I don't think the other four have.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back