Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Yep, two of Melbourne's best bands.

The Hunters & Collectors track (Betty's Worry or The Slab) was from their 1984 album The Jaws Of Life. It was their third album after their 1981 self titled debut and 1983's The Fireman's Curse. Fireman's Curse is a little disappointing, but I love H&C and Jaws.

The Model's track (Local and/or General) is from their second album, 1981's Local and/or General which is one of my all time favourite Aussie albums, so many great songs on that album such as Unhappy, Drunk In The House, Telstar, The Truth About The Truth About Scientists and Dying For My Country At The War.

If there is one band that deserves the remaster treatment it's the Model's, five brilliant and greatly under rated albums. I think the Out Of Mind Out Of Sight album has had the remastered treatment but I don't think the other four have.
I never got much into Models but I like a few of their songs.
School friend crapped on about them too much it actually put me off them... ha ha... One of the members was his cousin which meant he went on about them too much.

I have the H & C's album on cassette somewhere.

For a band I never really listened to much, this was my favourite one I was happy to listen to.

It's a little more pop than their weirder new wave sound of the early eighties which is what I preferred, but it is still a great song and one of their last releases before they split.

I always felt that in the early days of Models they were Sean Kelly's band, but after Mark Ferrie departed and James Freud replaced him on bass he slowly became more influential and the music a little more pop. Still great though.

Haha! Always loved that Hunters song. Never seen the film clip!
”Better get my head down there!”
I find it a rather funny video, firstly Mark crossing himself before he crosses the road, and then there is the dance, I have no idea what the dance is but it must be a Melbourne thing.:)

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes

A mate I used to work with and myself used to go to the pub at lunch ( yes in the 90s a couple of beers at lunch before heading back to work was a thing) and they had a video jukebox .. the train sequence always blew our mind.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Aerosmith had a nice run with songs and videos for a while there.

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not exactly a music video, but the end…the Entwistle step back, the Townsend slide, the Daltrey scream while Keefy is going suitably crazy. And everything that comes before it is pretty good too.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
One of the few absolute classics from old MTV. Neidermeyer!

Completely different concept but also a classic.

This one had a story to it. In 85 I took a few weeks backpack trip around China. Got totally blasted in Shanghai with some Indonesian merchant marines at what I think was the only foreigner place in town at the time. I went to use the lav, heard something slightly reminiscent of a Stones riff, but with a touch of Knofler, then Sting? WTF; Came back out to see the vid up on the TV above the bar. Wicked fun night all around :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
'Everybody Get Up' by 5ive and released in 1998 was a great song and also had a great music video, with a class of high school students about to take an exam when the supervising teacher gets called up to the office. As soon as he leaves, 5ive arrive and the exam room turns into a massive dance party.

Only one thing wrong with it - I went to high school in the 1990s, albeit earlier in the decade. Why didn't this ever happen at my school?

Soundgarden made some great music, and also made some pretty nifty music videos.

Black Hole Sun:

The Day I Tried to Live:

Fell on Black Days:

Blow Up the Outside World:

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
Sexx Laws by Beck.
Jack Black getting amongst it,love his speech at the end.
Screenshot_20231115_095014_Chrome.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back