Autopsy Great to get another win! Pies beat North by 54 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching that game it's clear that Brad Scott isn't for us as a coach.

Nathan Buckley isn't either but bringing in Scott would just be awful and send us back further.

Overall, some pretty good individual performances.

Moore's marking very good.

Adams finding himself being more damaging on scoreboard in consecutive weeks- this needs to continue for him to get better.

Josh Thomas deserving of a contract next season on the senior list.
He needs more midfield minutes to be honest
He has breakaway speed and is clean.
That one handed pick up on centre wing at pace was awesome.

Looked like we were experimenting with Elliott higher up the ground- that way he doesn't have to get into a wrestle every time ball is kicked to him.

Scharenberg looked stronger in the contest and cleaner too.

The game wasn't without positives but it is hard to be enthused about our skill level. We won comfortably but we were not convincing against an ordinary side. Still, winning beats losing and at this point our draft position is about set.

What a ridiculous game, by far the worst I've seen this season. But give me 10 goal bad wins any day than getting leapfrogged down the ground for easy goals.

Which leads me to this question for those at the game. Did we structure up differently this week with more numbers behind the ball because our back line looked well set up or was it norths ball movement was so bad that it allowed us to get back in numbers.

If it's that we set up a bit deeper defensively which in turn can lead to uglier games I'm ok with it because I can't handle all the Joe the Goose goals we concede each week.

Guess we'll find out this week against port as I think they are nearly our worst match up.
Bit of both really, at times we look to have set up well but other times North should of scored easily but they completely stuffed it up

Agree with this. This board criminally under-rated JT. Ok, everyone has opinions, and I can understand some punters not rating him. What I never understood is the punters who claimed he was slow, or more of what we already have...

Who on earth were they watching? JT's strength was always clean hands giving him the ability to win the ball in close and pace to burst from the pack at speed.

I can understand criticisms of his kicking (its neat but lacks penetration), of his size (you would like inside mids to be bigger), but him allegedly being one paced always had me bemused

What a ridiculous game, by far the worst I've seen this season. But give me 10 goal bad wins any day than getting leapfrogged down the ground for easy goals.

Which leads me to this question for those at the game. Did we structure up differently this week with more numbers behind the ball because our back line looked well set up or was it norths ball movement was so bad that it allowed us to get back in numbers.

If it's that we set up a bit deeper defensively which in turn can lead to uglier games I'm ok with it because I can't handle all the Joe the Goose goals we concede each week.

Guess we'll find out this week against port as I think they are nearly our worst match up.

I think we structured-up the same from what I saw at the game. North's ability to hit a target inside 50 was very poor.

Did you watch the Tigers v Collingwood game (Round 2 I think)?

Worst game of football I've ever seen

While it was a scrappy and poor game I think it was a good game for the young kids to have, with North's skills and pressure being so poor, it was basically a free hit for them. They were allowed a bit more time and space than usual, and while they won't get that against other teams, it allowed them a chance to really showcase their potential. The kids all had really good games and imposed themselves on the game, defended well when they needed to, went forward efficiently and the pressure all night was pretty high and pelasing.

There was a passage of play early where Maynard and shaz brought the ball to ground, Maynard went to WHE who went unto De Goey who hit Moore strongly on the lead. Future looks bright all, get excited!

MCG sun lamps..JPG
Legitimate rumour is eventually the AFL want a new stadium. As in this is why Eddie recently pitched his idea to the Vic Gov.

Problem with Etihad is it is configured worng. The poitioning of the roof means some parts do not get enough sun for the grass to take. Combined with a concrete base means the surface is like an ice skating ring or if you add sand to make it softer shifts the turf. They know it is stuffed and can't really be fixed.

Went to a function at the G earlier in the year and was surprised to see banks of growlux style lamps spread across the arena. I assume they'd do something similar at Docklands.

Watching that game it's clear that Brad Scott isn't for us as a coach.

Nathan Buckley isn't either but bringing in Scott would just be awful and send us back further.

Overall, some pretty good individual performances.

Moore's marking very good.

Adams finding himself being more damaging on scoreboard in consecutive weeks- this needs to continue for him to get better.

Looked like we were experimenting with Elliott higher up the ground- that way he doesn't have to get into a wrestle every time ball is kicked to him.

Scharenberg looked stronger in the contest and cleaner too.

Not sure if we were experimenting with Elliot up the ground or hiding Wells in the forward pocket. A bit of both I'd suggest.

But I do like Elliot upfield. Not all the time but as an option.

A ridiculous game. The skills errors were just woeful.

Liked Scharenbergs game. Not much else to get excited about.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seemed a pretty good game in Pies behalf. We did get sucked into the "Naff Norf" game though.
Anyone suggesting Brad Scott should replace Bucks should do the right thing and leave the country.

Yes it was a poorly skilled game, but I think we are overlooking the fact that both sides had massive games the week before. We were coming off a 6 day break, and threw everything at the Crows.

I said all week that I was worried we would be flat. The draw was more like a loss because it still meant we couldn't make finals. This was the first week all season where we were officially out of the finals race.

So I expected a let down.

Although the skills were sloppy, I was really pleased with our application. Our tackling and defence was good, and there was intent to move the ball quickly. I actually think we played ok in the second half. Much less errors, and we scored heavily despite being a few down on the bench at times.

So that was really pleasing, and to be honest a huge tick for Nathan Buckley. I fully expected quite a deflated and flat outfit this week, but clearly the boys are still going to fight it out, and are really doing everything they can to save Buckley's job. No doubt they are playing for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 400815

Went to a function at the G earlier in the year and was surprised to see banks of growlux style lamps spread across the arena. I assume they'd do something similar at Docklands.

Have seen the same. The G uses it to replace the divots so to speak and keep the ground in good nick, Every stadium would use something similar. Not to grow the whole thing completely thou.

Geelong supporters celebrating Greenwood's injury on their board.

Classy bunch they are.
Wonder how they feel now that the Karma bus drove past...
"Selwood will not be available for the remaining three home-and-away games but is expected to be able to return for the finals series," the Cats said in a statement.

Brayden Maynard kicking it to the opposition has gotten to the stage where it's almost like it's an inside joke.
I've got a bit of a theory on this topic. May sound crazy but hear me out.

Anyone who rides motorcycles is aware of "target fixation". Basically in a dangerous situation what a lot of riders do is look at what they want to avoid rather than looking at where they need to go to avoid it. Interesting thing is that we go where we look, therefore riders who get target fixation hit the very thing they are trying to avoid.

I have a theory that Maynard may be doing this, looking at where he doesn't want to kick it, target fixation. The brain will send it where the eyes are looking even if that is not the outcome he wants.

Have seen the same. The G uses it to replace the divots so to speak and keep the ground in good nick, Every stadium would use something similar. Not to grow the whole thing completely thou.
Will it work if I put one on the TOP of my head before I sleep?

I've got a bit of a theory on this topic. May sound crazy but hear me out.

Anyone who rides motorcycles is aware of "target fixation". Basically in a dangerous situation what a lot of riders do is look at what they want to avoid rather than looking at where they need to go to avoid it. Interesting thing is that we go where we look, therefore riders who get target fixation hit the very thing they are trying to avoid.

I have a theory that Maynard may be doing this, looking at where he doesn't want to kick it, target fixation. The brain will send it where the eyes are looking even if that is not the outcome he wants.
Could be right. Get him to close his eyes?
Actually, I think he's coming along well. Going to be a gun.

If you build a thousand bridges, and once kick it directly to an unmanned opposition player alone inside their attacking half, you are not a bridge builder... ;)
Watch out for goats too I'd say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back