Great Vocalists

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly think Glenn Danzig has the best voice, even in his old age (see below), the range within a sung line.

Ian Astbury from the Cult also has an amazing voice most evident in the latter Cult albums.

Some great singers like Cornell or Vedder etc have a distinct voice and it sounds great, but they dont have the range to deeper emote the ups and downs within a single sung line, like Danzig etc can do.

This is another great display of singing...

Another all-time recognized great singer (tho he didnt have many hits) Benny Madanos. Suspect song, lyrical content, and video, but amazing range shown in this song, again within single sung lines, and moving around on words up/down, or on the back of a meaty previous note (lung capacity too)

Sublime...

LOL. Benny Madanos. "She's just 16 years old - leave her alone - they said". Has to be up there with the most disturbing songs in music history.

LOL. Benny Madanos. "She's just 16 years old - leave her alone - they said". Has to be up there with the most disturbing songs in music history.
I did a thread about pedofilc lyrics in songs ages ago. There were many good examples but someone posted a fhread killer....was a song done for a Disney (no surprise) animated childrens movie from Kidd Rock I think it was....a llne i remember...."it's not statutory, it's mandatory"....sex with underagers

LOL. Benny Madanos. "She's just 16 years old - leave her alone - they said"
Also hilarious....hes slamming the parents as fools and that they dont understand what love really is.....when they stop him from hitting on her.

Also hilarious, Madanos was interviewed about the backgroubd to the song and reckons the line shes just 16 years old leave her alone was something he said to a friend of his over a girl neighbor who frequently hung around where Benny lived, and he talked about how hot she was etc....yeah sure Benny, it was the other dude not you

But, Benny had a great voice before he ruined it with hard drugs and liquor, but he was never able to really do any other songs with any great vocal arrangement, the way you annunciate various words or lines. Why I reckon Glenn Danzig is amazing in ghat regard, over hundreds of songs always great different vocal ardangement.

Btw...talking of pedofiles (some horrendous acts) who had great vocal arrangements and a pretty good voice....Ian Watkins of the Lostprophets. Tho he tried to copy Mike Patton a lot, he still had his own voice when he was being himself instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back