Analysis Great win to the pies over north 130-64 - Rd 18, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been rubbish
But if you actually watched footy instead of just 5 minutes here and there, you would see he has been serviceable in most of his games.
But I can't understand why you think a kid who has played only a handful of games and who was drafted late should be the equivalent of say Aish or Phillips this early in his career

What do you expect from him?

I understand that, but next week it’ll be the Richmond variety hour.

I never understood this trend in the media with avoiding any and all Collingwood talk or positivity pertaining to Collingwood, when logic would dictate pandering to the biggest supporter base.
Actually I would have thought you of all people would understand that the most out of anyone

Yeah but we're only one supporter base. By hammering us they get 17 other supporter bases onside. Lou cottoned on to that scheme in the 60's! Every media outfit has been doing it ever since. Good stories about Collingwood make us feel better, BAD News makes everyone else happy.
Very true. Even people who have no interest in footy love to see Collingwood fail. The same doesn't apply to Richmond. I remember before last years Grand Final most people I knew who didn't follow footy still wanted Richmond to win despite me trying to tell them how awful it would be.

So Buckley said this about his game

"I thought the mental resilience and toughness; I didn't want to underplay that we shuffled and we were able to do that. Levi [Greenwood] was going to play forward and play back. Daics was not going to play at all, and then played and had to have the conversation about why he was out of the side during the week. The youthful exuberance was great. Came up to me straight after the game and said the feedback he got back from the match committee made a real difference to him and he felt like he was able to action that straight away. He was actually crook last night and was crook during the game so it was a fair response from him and showed some real toughness so we rapt with his ability to handle that challenge; the psychological challenge and then the physical challenge of not being at 100% but still go out and do his job. That's a contribution to team".

But of course you at your computer knows better than the coach and a guy who was one of the best players in the last 20 years. The kid's 19 and a boy and you expect him to stop players of 90kgs or more with momentum and years of experience.
Why don;t you go and support another team? It's people like you who give Pies supporters a bad name.

I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension and manners, maybe also consider looking at my following posts. To insinuate I tore him to shreds when I made a mild remark about what I perceive to be a deficiency in his game, (as well as his proficiencies) and to then write this garbage is something quite special really.

Talk of Sidebottom being a downhill skier.. Aish wasted 2 picks on him.. Treloar likewise.. Adams is s**t cause he can't kick.. Shaz is a slug and not hard enough.. Pendlebury is a s**t captain.. De Goey was an error at pick 5.. the list goes on and on.. come on re.
Yep. That's what I've been reading! :drunk:

Still can't believe Melbourne let Howe go. Would have been very useful for them the other night.
What was the trade, I have forgotten.

AFL trade period 2015: Jeremy Howe goes to Collingwood in four-way trade
By Michael Gleeson, Emma Quayle
Updated19 October 2015 — 4:49pmfirst published at 4:38pm
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Send via Email

High flying Melbourne forward Jeremy Howe has finally been traded to Collingwood after a four-way deal was completed on Monday.

Howe will join the Magpies and Melbourne's Jimmy Toumpas will move to Port Adelaide. Collingwood's Ben Kennedy will shift to the Demons and Magpie Paul Seedsman will move to Adelaide under the deal.

432d63dec54229064c4043e521a16fbc4addf189

Jeremy Howe is off to Collingwood.

Photo: Getty Images
A number of complicated exchanges of draft picks was also involved to balance out the trade for the Demons, Power and Magpies.

In essence, Adelaide were to send pick 32 to Collingwood in exchange for the speedy Seedsman.

Collingwood were to receive Howe and Port Adelaide's pick 68, with Melbourne receiving Kennedy and picks 29 and 50 from the Power.

Toumpas and pick 32 were to be sent to the Power. Effectively Port Adelaide was set to give up 50 and slid three spots in the second-round for the former No. 4 draft pick, a South Australian

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Send via Email

High flying Melbourne forward Jeremy Howe has finally been traded to Collingwood after a four-way deal was completed on Monday.

Howe will join the Magpies and Melbourne's Jimmy Toumpas will move to Port Adelaide. Collingwood's Ben Kennedy will shift to the Demons and Magpie Paul Seedsman will move to Adelaide under the deal.

A number of complicated exchanges of draft picks was also involved to balance out the trade for the Demons, Power and Magpies.

In essence, Adelaide were to send pick 32 to Collingwood in exchange for the speedy Seedsman.

Collingwood were to receive Howe and Port Adelaide's pick 68, with Melbourne receiving Kennedy and picks 29 and 50 from the Power.

Toumpas and pick 32 were to be sent to the Power. Effectively Port Adelaide was set to give up 50 and slid three spots in the second-round for the former No. 4 draft pick, a South Australian
Port and Melbourne got reamed

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Send via Email

Think we win that Trade ;)

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Send via Email

Got Wills in with the pick that came to us after it got a slight upgrade in the Freeman trade. Will may end up being a couldhave been but looked good pre injury. Would be hard for him now Sier has stepped up.

Got Wills in with the pick that came to us after it got a slight upgrade in the Freeman trade. Will may end up being a couldhave been but looked good pre injury. Would be hard for him now Sier has stepped up.

Another one of those players G C that just needs to get his body right. He would be a good back up if Sier gets tired in the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See guys.. didn't I tell yas.. Cox better utilised roaming the ground as opposed to the main target up front.. 211cm plucking em in one on one comps and using his basketball quick thinking Pendlebury type skills as opposed to getting crashed and bashed in 3-4 man contests up forward re.

Good to see Buckley and the coaching staff take note of my email in relation to the best utilisation of big Cox re.

I'm a f great re.

But if you actually watched footy instead of just 5 minutes here and there, you would see he has been serviceable in most of his games.
But I can't understand why you think a kid who has played only a handful of games and who was drafted late should be the equivalent of say Aish or Phillips this early in his career

What do you expect from him?
Ok that's your assumption. My assumption of your footy watching is that you've got these pretty rose coloured glasses on and repeat games of the 80s in the background. Your comparisons are surely ironic considering the stick they've gotten in their young careers. I tell you what why don't you look around BF and see if anyone else thinks he's been not so amazing because I'm not on my own little island here

Ok that's your assumption. My assumption of your footy watching is that you've got these pretty rose coloured glasses on and repeat games of the 80s in the background. Your comparisons are surely ironic considering the stick they've gotten in their young careers. I tell you what why don't you look around BF and see if anyone else thinks he's been not so amazing because I'm not on my own little island here

And BF histrionics is now a valid measure?

If I was to look around BF, I would find that DeGoey is a dud and a waste of a first round pick and Ben Kennedy was hard done by because he is a superstar.
I put those opinions in the same category as yours is in relation to Daicos

Who the coaches voted for:

COLLINGWOOD v NORTH MELBOURNE
9 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
9 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
5 Taylor Adams (COLL)
3 Jeremy Howe (COLL)
2 Josh Thomas (COLL)
2 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)

JT flew under the radar a bit for me. Had a good game though.

I would have given the points to someone like Mihocek or WHE who felt more impactful. Or just given Howe more votes. He really led the defence.

Pendles obviously got a vote deducted from that pigeon he bounced the ball on :p

He really turned it on for us.

JT flew under the radar a bit for me. Had a good game though.

I would have given the points to someone like Mihocek or WHE who felt more impactful. Or just given Howe more votes. He really led the defence.

Pendles obviously got a vote deducted from that pigeon he bounced the ball on :p

He really turned it on for us.
Me too, got 4 right but didn't even consider Thomas.

Me too, got 4 right but didn't even consider Thomas.

He's had a great year, just quietly.

Looks like it was a sublime move to keep him on our list and not Keeffe.

I never thought he would make it back, but week by week he just does the little things that makes our team better, was it him that provided a nice Shepard to make space for Pendles during the pigeon incident?
Stuff like that wins games. And he's a goalscorer too.

Really flown under the radar this year in supporters eyes. Not sure why. Maybe not prolific enough? But don't think he's had a bad game.

He's had a great year, just quietly.

Looks like it was a sublime move to keep him on our list and not Keeffe.

I never thought he would make it back, but week by week he just does the little things that makes our team better, was it him that provided a nice Shepard to make space for Pendles during the pigeon incident?
Stuff like that wins games. And he's a goalscorer too.

Really flown under the radar this year in supporters eyes. Not sure why. Maybe not prolific enough? But don't think he's had a bad game.

Yeah it was him with the Shepard actually. I noticed that at the game and thought wow.

Now I know why he got votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back