Great wrestling moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, there you go.

On Edge...

....(or) like you say, he's a shock late entry in the RR....and he wins it.

Thus creating all manner of potential feuds/spin-off storylines.

In other news, I note that the kinda hot looking girl with the big...ummm, potential ahead of her, who got her scone shaved by CM Punk last week on Smackdown, is in fact one Serena Deeb (aka Mia Mancini), a wrestler who has been going around in the FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling), a developmental chapter of the WWE.

Has apparently signed a contract with Smackdown and will wrestle as part of Punk's 'Straight Edge Society'.

Rumour is HHH is going to win it :-/

Rumour is HHH is going to win it :-/

From what I can gather, it would seem the Rumble winner gets the shot at UT's title, not the Heavyweight champ (Sheamus) which would generally be the norm. Gotta shift my predictions if this is the case... Jericho to win, taking the title at the next PPV, setting up Undertaker vs Michaels and Jericho v Edge at Wrestlemania.

Exciting times.

Although I have a feeling the Royal Rumble may be over-shadowed by this coming week's episode of Monday Night RAW.

Specifically, it's host. BigFooty's own....

3251140397_e5550cc867.jpg

From what I can gather, it would seem the Rumble winner gets the shot at UT's title, not the Heavyweight champ (Sheamus) which would generally be the norm.

The Rumble winner can choose which belt they go for. Michaels would be going for the WHC for the shot at the Undertaker, moreso than wanting that belt over the other.

The Rumble winner can choose which belt they go for. Michaels would be going for the WHC for the shot at the Undertaker, moreso than wanting that belt over the other.

Ah. I get ya.

Maybe a Jericho win is important to getting him back on RAW if he decided to pursue the WHT.

I'm on Jericho though... I think he has jobbed enough (and I don't think his drunk and disorderly of the last couple of days will affect his standing in the WWE).

Ah. I get ya.

Maybe a Jericho win is important to getting him back on RAW if he decided to pursue the WHT.

I'm on Jericho though... I think he has jobbed enough (and I don't think his drunk and disorderly of the last couple of days will affect his standing in the WWE).

Does that include this week's Smackdown ? Just went down to R Truth.

What's up (what's up), what's up (what's up) with that ?

Drunk and disorderly, hey ? Sounds a tad ungodly.

Good ep - The Game taking the piss out of the Straight Edge Society was gold. (Festus = "Lobotomy Man", Serena = "Britney Spears")

Also enjoyed John Morrison's rant about Drew McIntyre being hand-picked by the suits and, quote, "pedigreed" straight into Intercontinental contention. Ouch.

Rey vs HBK to come.

Drunk and disorderly, hey ? Sounds a tad ungodly.

By all accounts, not a big deal for Jericho. Could mean bigger ramifications for Gregory Helms... the story goes Hurricane decided to smack a chick on a bender, not to mention Jericho and another bloke. Matt Hardy was also on the scene but did a runner. Jericho stayed to clear things up.

At the moment, no charges are being laid so this one will likely be swept under a rug.

Does that include this week's Smackdown ? Just went down to R Truth.

What's up (what's up), what's up (what's up) with that ?

They've been trying to build R-Truth up for a while now. He has victories for Punk and Jericho in the past couple of months, but I just don't see it working. Outside of his singing and dancing, there's not a lot to him.

By all accounts, not a big deal for Jericho. Could mean bigger ramifications for Gregory Helms... the story goes Hurricane decided to smack a chick on a bender, not to mention Jericho and another bloke. Matt Hardy was also on the scene but did a runner. Jericho stayed to clear things up.

At the moment, no charges are being laid so this one will likely be swept under a rug.

Hey! I like(d) The Hurricane.

They've been trying to build R-Truth up for a while now. He has victories for Punk and Jericho in the past couple of months, but I just don't see it working. Outside of his singing and dancing, there's not a lot to him.

No love for his star turn in The Wrestler ?

Yeah, nah, totally with you, Virgil.

What about when Killer Kowalski grabbed Jack Little's glasses and stomped on 'em? Then Australia's own Larry O'Dea ran on and picked up Jack's glasses and said "I'm sorry about this Mr Little,I'll buy you a new pair." We were all seething in our lounge rooms and wanted to buy Jack a new pair!

Back on the Hitman/McMahon saga, I see Vince made a statement on last week's Raw, saying that Bret wouldn't be taking any further part in WWE. Because it's wrestling, I think we can probably take that as confirmation that he will indeed be back (I mean, why bother making comment?), although I haven't checked the goss on the interweb for any updates.

You're a dick, but you're a mildly astute dick.

Cena makes possibly his first useful contribution ever on WWE by goading Vince into getting Bret Hart back on RAW. (Not that it was in the script or anything.:Zondor's eyes rolling back in his head)

Nevertheless, I hink we can all agree.....

Bret Hart + Denny Crane = Must-see TV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been reading up on this. Apparently The Hurricane smacked Jericho and another dude, but the reports about him hitting the woman may have been exaggerated. At any rate, none of the allegedly struck parties are pressing charges (at this stage).

They were in a cab, and then at a petrol station. Helms did a runner, and Matt Hardy chased after him, but couldn't catch him. (LOL. Ya fat bastard, Matt.) Shortly after, Helms returned of his own volition anyway, and that's when he belted Jericho and the no-name dude.

Cops came and arrested Jericho and Helms for being drunk in public. They were later bailed out by Christian and CM Punk, who himself was running the risk of being arrested for being Punk in drublic.

(It's late. Give me a break.)

In keeping with the greatest moments and Royal Rumble themes, the greatest one and a half seconds of the 2009 Rumble:

[youtube]ENatr3to8-0[/youtube]

On Edge...

....(or) like you say, he's a shock late entry in the RR....and he wins it.

Thus creating all manner of potential feuds/spin-off storylines.

*applauds self*

*applauds self*

To be honest, it was one of the worst kept secrets in wrestling UP TO today, in which I noticed all of a sudden HHH was favourite.

I have to say, watching the Rumble, that it was by far the worst PPV I've ever seen (and I saw most of the WCW's PPVs). I believe I may have marked out twice, Beth Phoenix eliminating Khali (and riding Punk's finisher) and Edge's entrance. Apart from that, it was terribly predictable and tiresome.

My brother made an interesting note on the possibility that Edge may actually be the real 'messiah' of Punk's Straight-Edge Society, due to the name and their shared beardliness.

Edge himself looked well fat.

I'm hoping the Elimination Chamber PPV coming up shapes up Wrestlemania well because I am in no way excited about it at the moment.

To be honest, it was one of the worst kept secrets in wrestling UP TO today....

His appearance at RR ? Yes.

His victory at RR ? Errr....

I believe most of the good (rubbing) oil was on HHH (or others) emerging triumphant. Following a similar line of logic to one I recall reading in this thread re the proposed Edge/Jericho feud. Unless, of course, we read different websites.

In fact, I'm now reading suggestions that Edge's victory was a last minute decision to counter the talk around a HHH victory. That could be s**t but the self-applause stands. Hater.

I think anybody that expected Edge's appearance in the Royal Rumble expected his win.

I assume from your "worst kept secret" remark, you were one of those who expected Edge to show.

I assume from your "worst kept secret" remark, you were one of those who expected Edge to show.

I really didn't doubt it... there were only 27 confirmed Rumble entrants as of yesterday and they always hold on to a couple of surprises. Beth Phoenix was another one.

They did the same thing a couple of years back with Cena.

Serena has to be the hottest chick in the world with a shaved head. :thumbsu:

Rumble was ok, interesting feuds set up, and both titles set to change hands at the Chamber I think.

With Cena's whole 'won't lose another match till I win the title' speech, didn't expect a Edge victory, alas, an ending that reek a tad of awesomeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back