Great wrestling moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Serena has to be the hottest chick in the world with a shaved head. :thumbsu:

Agreed.

Not sure if she'd break into my Top 5 though, which is currently standing at....

1. Maria
2. Eve Torres
3. Kelly Kelly
4. Michelle McCool
5. The Bellas

One of the latter is currently bonking Dolph Ziggler, I believe.

(Lulz that Cena used to date Piggy James.)

Rumble was ok, interesting feuds set up, and both titles set to change hands at the Chamber I think.

Love the split of Legacy. Bound to happen - has been slowly unravelling for weeks now - but it's no less entertaining for it.

Man I love Orton.

That's what I thought.

Soooooo.....remind why were you on Jericho ftw again ? :Festus before he went straight-edge face thingy

It's called wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Edge back but having him come out late in the Rumble is far too much of a recycled storyline for mine. This sort of storyline would be a victory for TNA if TNA hadn't been running through the old Monday Nitro scripts.

Love the split of Legacy. Bound to happen - has been slowly unravelling for weeks now - but it's no less entertaining for it.

Man I love Orton.

Probably six months too late. Now to split DiBiase and Rhodes... Ted has the moves to go a lot further than Rhodes. Could actually be a decent move to send him into a feud with Morrison.

Orton could and should be off to Smackdown in the post Mania Draft. Either him or Cena needs to move on as they will be light on when Taker leaves. Also with Edge coming back as a RAW superstar they are too top heavy on Monday nights.

It's called wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Edge back but having him come out late in the Rumble is far too much of a recycled storyline for mine. This sort of storyline would be a victory for TNA if TNA hadn't been running through the old Monday Nitro scripts.

On this point, there is no debate.

However, esteemed Wizard, you seem to be getting side-tracked on the peripheral subject of hackneyed storylines.

Now let us shift the focus back to the fact that I was right and you were wrong.

Probably six months too late. Now to split DiBiase and Rhodes... Ted has the moves to go a lot further than Rhodes. Could actually be a decent move to send him into a feud with Morrison.

Orton could and should be off to Smackdown in the post Mania Draft. Either him or Cena needs to move on as they will be light on when Taker leaves. Also with Edge coming back as a RAW superstar they are too top heavy on Monday nights.

Not sure they'll move Orton on just yet, but you make a fair point.

(And yeah) on the surface, I can't see the split being too great for Cody.

Time for a heel turn from Cena.

I have to say, watching the Rumble, that it was by far the worst PPV I've ever seen (and I saw most of the WCW's PPVs). I believe I may have marked out twice, Beth Phoenix eliminating Khali (and riding Punk's finisher) and Edge's entrance. Apart from that, it was terribly predictable and tiresome.

I'm hoping the Elimination Chamber PPV coming up shapes up Wrestlemania well because I am in no way excited about it at the moment.

Have to agree. In the last few years there has always been someone last 40-50 minutes. This year I think Cena was the longest-lasting, and he wouldn't have made 25 minutes. The fact that there was also never any more than about six wrestlers in the ring at once took away from the epic feel of the match as well. The time given to the impromptu US title match should have been used in the Rumble match itself to build it up better.

I also would have preferred Edge being given the spot HHH had (coming out to confront Punk). Everyone knew Edge was gonna be in the Rumble, but it would have been a genuine surprise for him to come in that early. Kofi, Jericho, Show and Batista all getting under 5 mins in the ring was disappointing as well, especially when Ziggler, Bourne, Khali, Ryder, Pheonix and JTG made up six of the first seven in :rolleyes:.

It'd be good if Sheamus could finally get a clean win sometime before WrestleMania as well, but I have a feeling his next title defence will be his last.

Have to agree. In the last few years there has always been someone last 40-50 minutes. This year I think Cena was the longest-lasting, and he wouldn't have made 25 minutes. The fact that there was also never any more than about six wrestlers in the ring at once took away from the epic feel of the match as well. The time given to the impromptu US title match should have been used in the Rumble match itself to build it up better.

Too busy trying to orchestrate CM Punk rants and DX stand-offs.

Yep to all that, Virgil.

The final Edge v Cena portion was lameness incarnate. Too short by half. And then half again.

So I understand that the WWE's version of ECW will be no more.

Thank **** for That.

Yep, goneski.

To be replaced by, quote, "the next evolution of WWE, the next evolution of television history".

Cue the reruns.

Btw, bit of a weird ending (on RAW).

Missed a prime opportunity to have Christian and Edge come out and kick the living s**t out of Batista, IMO.

Btw, bit of a weird ending (on RAW).

Well, there you go. That's probably why it seemed weird. Because it wasn't the fricken' end.

Bizarrely, Smackdown showed some "after the show on RAW" footage that saw Cena run out to save Bret Hart from the Vince and Batista beatdown. He chased them off, but then Batista thought better of it, returned to the ring, and proceeded to absolutely destroy Cena with the assistance of some ringside steps. Finished up by Batista Bombing him straight on top of them. It was a beautiful thing.

Also good to see John Morrison win his Triple Threat match and qualify for the Elimination Chamber.

On a slightly weird note, didn't expect Carlito and Evan Bourne to be responsible for the best match I'd see this week. Or any week for that matter. Man, Carlito's looking rough these days. Top match though.

P.S. Edge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say that the "Beautiful People" is the best thing that has happened to Women's Wrestling.

I don't know where we would be without such things as the "Ugly Stick"

And the most recent addition to the Beautiful People Rocks.:thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]sJewdF7HnnM[/YOUTUBE]

Otherwise, the WWE may finally see fit to pull the trigger finally (and they've flirted with it) of Ted DiBiase Jr breaking away from The Legacy and taking the spot I've allotted for Kofi. As far as I'm concerned, DiBiase will be the number 1 guy in the WWE in three years. He is a special talent.

See, Filth M, because I'm not the snitty, ungracious type who'd go out of their way not to compliment someone on a good call, I'm gonna go ahead and say "good call" on the above. They definitely seem to be taking Ted up a notch now.

While, sadly, the laws of natural selection ('The Descent Of McMahon' ?) could soon see Cody, returned to simply being "that guy who looks a bit like Evan Bourne".

So Hart v McMahon for Wrestlemania ? Quel surprise ?!?

Springer to host next week's Raw. Would love to see Steve (Ste-eve! Ste-eve! Ste-eve!) face off with Big Show in a 'Separated At Birth Death-match'.

Also, let me just add that if the WWE had any real balls, they'd let Sushi Tattoo and the beyond awesome Goldust walk away from their match with ShowMiz on the final episode of ECW with the Unified Tag Team belts. Would be a stellar move. Make it happen, Euge.

See, Filth M, because I'm not the snitty, ungracious type who'd go out of their way not to compliment someone on a good call, I'm gonna go ahead and say "good call" on the above. They definitely seem to be taking Ted up a notch now.

While, sadly, the laws of natural selection ('The Descent Of McMahon' ?) could soon see Cody, returned to simply being "that guy who looks a bit like Evan Bourne".

So Hart v McMahon for Wrestlemania ? Quel surprise ?!?

Springer to host next week's Raw. Would love to see Steve (Ste-eve! Ste-eve! Ste-eve!) face off with Big Show in a 'Separated At Birth Death-match'.

The Springer stuff was shite.

And, it looks like we are one-all (and good calls all round).

So, as we head into the Elimination Chamber and Rasslemania, here is my big prediction... Cena will put the screw job on Hart and become a major heel post Wrestlemania. I'm sensing a reboot of the Corporation, but we need a hero.

Step up, Edge.

And, ah, why not a face Jericho?

The Springer stuff was shite.

Actually it was worse than that.

But there's light on the guest host horizon. After next week's (strange choice of) hosts - the bizarre celebrity coupling of Jewel and her bull-riding beau, Ty Murray - we have Cheech & Chong (!!), followed by Criss Angel, and then good ol' Stone Cold.

But tbh, I wouldn't complain if they did the right thing and scrapped this guest host business, and just appointed Santino as GM instead.

(Euge, you know what to do.)

And, it looks like we are one-all (and good calls all round).

I knew you'd come around.

So, as we head into the Elimination Chamber and Rasslemania, here is my big prediction... Cena will put the screw job on Hart and become a major heel post Wrestlemania. I'm sensing a reboot of the Corporation, but we need a hero.

Step up, Edge.

And, ah, why not a face Jericho?

Hmmm. I like it, but I do have doubts around WWE's ability to pull it off.

Cena as a heel is long overdue. I can totally see that happening. Totally.

A small side note on Cena....as I've said before in this thread, I'm not a fan of the guy. But I can't help think he's a fricken' goldmine for the WWE. His acting ability (and of course I use that term very lightly in this instance) carries them through some truly lame backstage stuff. (e.g. Bret Hart's accident on this week's RAW.) So I have to give the guy a little credit for that.

Hart's hangdog goodbye was hilarious. How pissed would you be if you really were leaving and the only ones that were there to say goodbye were Kofi, Swagger, Primo, and that guy who looks a bit like Cody Rhodes ?? (Who may or may not be doofing Gail Kim.)

As to Bret's mishap, I can only assume it's a device to lure Vince into a Wrestlemania match. Only to find out come Wrestlemania time, that it was staged, and Bret is 100% fit. Well, as fit as a bloke who has had a stroke and is way past it can be. But yeah, "Bret screwed Vince", or something along those lines.

I must admit, the more I consider the reality of this match, I don't like it. An aging non-wrestler v a bloke who apparently can't be dropped on his back ? C'mon.

I'll give it a little thought and come up with a prediction or two, but I reckon Sheamus has to lose his title at Elimination Chamber. Not that you'd file that under 'great revelations' or anything.

Btw, Elimination Chamber...a PPV with exactly two matches on the bill. Go WWE.

Absolutely rancid with WWE at what they did to Christian on the last episode of ECW ever, especially after the speech he made. How stupid are they?

Losing the title to Zeke?

Made sense in him putting someone over, pointless him retaining the title.

Losing the title to Zeke?

Made sense in him putting someone over, pointless him retaining the title.

Yeah, I'ma go with that. Christian probably deserves better, but it's a non-event in any case, and he has bigger fish to fry.

Anyways, will all be forgotten when Edge and Christian reunite on RAW.:tom thumb

So ECW replaced by WWE NXT. The pairing of "pros" with "rookies" in a format that appears to be looking to blend reality TV and wrestling.

Soooooo....we have The Miz, with 7 years professional wrestling experience, mentoring Bryan Danielson, a bloke with 11 years wrestling experience.

Not to mention Carlito as mentor. A guy who the WWE reportedly wants to push, but feels they can't because he doesn't take the business seriously.

Hmmmm.

I get the whole putting someone over. But do it with a young guy not someone like Zeke who is a generic big guy. And making him drop a title that is not going to exist next week doesnt really work in my mind.

Vince hates Christian. Its a well publicised fact and i wouldnt be surprised if it was his idea.

[/christian mark]

I'll give it a little thought and come up with a prediction or two, but I reckon Sheamus has to lose his title at Elimination Chamber. Not that you'd file that under 'great revelations' or anything.

Btw, Elimination Chamber...a PPV with exactly two matches on the bill. Go WWE.

Absolutely no doubt both titles will change hands on Monday.

My tip is Jericho in the Smackdown Chamber and DiBiase in the RAW Chamber.

This sets up Taker vs Michaels, Jericho vs Edge, DiBiase vs Orton, Hart/Cena vs McMahon/Batista (including a Cena screwjob), Punk/Gallows vs MizShow, random Divas Battle Royale and MITB match (R-Truth, Morrison, Rey, Kofi, MVP, Christian et al). A decent PPV, for mine.

However, this leaves HHH without a spot. Unlikely. He could get up in the RAW Chamber but I'm going with a shock with DiBiase. If HHH wins it, he fights Sheamus at Mania (with Sheamus claiming a rematch, fairly). If he loses, I can see the Michaels/Taker match being a 3-Way with HHH ending the streak for UT and HHH/Michaels feuding for the next three months whilst Taker slinks off gracefully for a break/retirement.

Vince hates Christian. Its a well publicised fact and i wouldnt be surprised if it was his idea.

[/christian mark]

That is entirely feasible.:semi-Primo Colon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back