Great wrestling moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlito given the boot from WWE for painkiller addiction, or more importantly, his refusal to undergo rehab for it. Apparently years of performing the Backstabber has screwed his back, sending irony meters into red-line territory across the world.

Well, tbh, I thought "Over The Limit" was just another poor excuse for the WWE to push their 'let's have a PPV every second week' policy (actually I still think that), but if future instalments see the same number of unfortunate mishaps and bizarre goings-on as this one, I say bring it on.

In the former category we had R-Truth momentarily knocking out Ted Jr with an errant chop, Rey accidentally opening up Punk's head on a barricade (temporarily halting the match and later requiring 15 stitches), and Randy Orton's arm getting so f***ed up during his match with Edge, that they had to improvise a double count-out ending.

In the latter category we had Batista trying to back over Cena with a sports car (shame he failed but, still, wtf?), and a truly surreal bit involving Drew McIntyre, Teddy Long, and Martin Luther King. With all that unfolding, it didn't turn out to be such a bad show.

On Batista, I hope this isn't the end of the road for him, because in a very short amount of time I've gone from being not much of a fan to really enjoying the guy's work as a heel. Loved it a while back when he was pounding Cena outside the ring and a little girl in the audience called out - "I hate you Batista" - and he stops and yells - "I HATE YOU, TOO" - back at her. Also stopped during his match with Cena at "Over The Limit" to flip the bird at someone in the crowd. Gotta love that. If this talk of quitting is on the level (which, being wrestling, it probably isn't), he will be missed.

P.S. Apologies, Zondor, for knocking your Twat off top billing.

Batista has apparently been training for MMA. who would've thought my first post for 9 months would have been about wrestling....

Over the limit was probably the worst piece of garbage ive had the misfortune to watch. WWE has become soft as melted butter and I for one hate it, at least TNA still has an MA Rating regardless of their horrid acting.

Stopping a match to dab at a cut on punks head? Seriously F*** that S***. You could tell the crowd werent happy and WWE really needs to stop trying to please the family groups and go back to the old days. Theyre killing their products with this wrestlers in cotton wool and "ohnoes some blood turn off the cameraz" style policies.

Edge and Orton was setting itself up for match of the night and unfortunately had to be called off due to a shoulder dislocation. As soon as I saw how low ortons arm was hanging I knew he'd done his shoulder again. He's had shoulder injuries in the past, and also has double jointer shoulder sockets which means he's extremely prone to injury in the area. Was good that they wrote him into the storyline for F4tal 4way (lol srsly? ffs) the next night with the whole batista brain explosion thing (Batista is done, he's boring, wont learn any new moves, and has the turning circle of the QE2 [JS Reference ;) ])

2/10 in my book.

Stopping a match to dab at a cut on punks head? Seriously F*** that S***. You could tell the crowd werent happy and WWE really needs to stop trying to please the family groups and go back to the old days. Theyre killing their products with this wrestlers in cotton wool and "ohnoes some blood turn off the cameraz" style policies.

If by "killing their products" you mean "continuing to make a shitload of money" then, yeah, I agree.

With the exception of the Attitude Era, which lasted a mere 3-4 years, WWE has never relied on blood and adult content to try to improve its bottom line.

Btw, dude had 15 stitches, too. Just saying. Was a little more serious than your average self-inflicted razor cut.

I dunno, maybe my frame of reference has changed a bit since I started watching wrestling with my little bloke. I love the WWE and while I may mock and deride some moments of lameness, I also forgive it a multitude of sins because, in the final analysis, I just really dig it. And have done since the 80's. I just don't seem to possess the same level of hating on it as some of you guys, so as I've said before, I reckon this might not be the thread for me.

Kane is kind of becoming awesome again... hand him back the mask and we have a genuine fan favourite potential champ.

And the NXT invasion is being compared to the first appearance of the nWo.

This WILL be very good.

Raw ending was quite the epic. :thumbsu:

American Dragon spitting in Cena's face, then the kick. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

That's how the Invasion angle should have been done. Hopefully they'll tear through Season 2 NXT and SmackDown this week.

Admittedly, I posted before watching it.

Now I have.

Fair dinkum, I have fapped three times and still have a hard on.

This was REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAL good.

Every single one looked good... it'll likely last three months before combusting but I like what they are doing. Instant heel status for all... first one or two to leave become some of the biggest faces in WWE (my money is on Gabriel... will be the next Mysterio-esque face).

Here's a little from the halcyon days of Australian wrestling - World Championship Wrestling!

Worth it just for Bulldog Brower's rant at the end.
[YOUTUBE]sc1bIMT94mE[/YOUTUBE]

And a bit of Mario Milano not wanting to mess up his pretty face.
[YOUTUBE]GFlX5BJz7lE[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back