Club Focus GWS Giants 2020 - Hogan, Preuss, Bruhn, Stone, Angwin, Fleeton, Wehr

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Could they trade Ward to keep everyone they need? Ward and Boner, they haven’t needed Ward all year and Boner can’t get a game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way known.

And Bonar can’t get a game because he isn’t dominating the very average standard NEAFL. He’s far too hyped simply because he was a high pick.

If we get a second round for him I reckon that’s overs.

IT also might be the kick along he needs to find Giants love for the game again if he’s surrounded by family Back in Melb.

But at the moment - he’s not very good.

Every chance he ends up at Collingwood alongside his fellow Texan.

Or Adelaide, alongside the other Texan.

Or he could just stay with us.

You don’t think negotiations have already started with Whitfield, Cameron and Taranto?

And if they aren’t (negotiations) going well at the end of the year, they’ll be trade bait while we get maximum value for them.

I'm sure negotiations have begun on your side, and there'd be unofficial feelers out from other clubs too.

As I said, I'm just puzzled by how little fanfare (on here, and in the meedja) there is around Taranto, given how good he is at such a young age.

I'm sure negotiations have begun on your side, and there'd be unofficial feelers out from other clubs too.

As I said, I'm just puzzled by how little fanfare (on here, and in the meedja) there is around Taranto, given how good he is at such a young age.
You and mE both.

Players I'd think would be untouchables: Cameron, Williams, Ward, Taranto, Davis, Kelly, Greene, Haynes, Himmelberg

As poorly as we played against Hawthorn and they were far too good, we were missing basically our whole midfield:
Ward, Cogs, Hopper, Kelly, DeBoer and two key forwards who have kicked 30 each.
Taranto was basically our only normal full time mid. For context it would be like Hawthorn missing:
Mitchell
Omeara
Shiels
Worpel
Scully
And then Gunston and OBrien

A loss was on the cards - I predicted by 23 - but didn’t expect it to be that much.

For those who think our window is closing:
Our age profile has changed and will continue to change. Our list management over the last two years has ensured that our age spread is fairly even.
If Coniglio leaves we enter the draft with 3 more first round picks and with a couple of retirements, a lot of cash.
We could do with a few strategic changes in game style and a bit of luck with injury. Oh, and a ruckman.

As poorly as we played against Hawthorn and they were far too good, we were missing basically our whole midfield:
Taranto was basically our only normal full time mid. For context it would be like Hawthorn missing:
Mitchell
Omeara
Shiels
Worpel
Scully

A loss was on the cards - I predicted by 23 - but didn’t expect it to be that much.

Our age profile has changed and will continue to change. Our list management over the last two years has ensured that our age spread is fairly even.
If Coniglio leaves we enter the draft with 3 more first round picks and with a couple of retirements, a lot of cash.
We could do with a few strategic changes in game style and a bit of luck with injury. Oh, and an actual coach.
EFA

Mitchell
Omeara
Shiels
Worpel
Scully

We could do with a few strategic changes in game style and a bit of luck with injury. Oh, and a ruckman.

Or the Hawks missing Mcevoy, Mitchell, Gunston, Impey, Birchall, Scrimshaw? Our best big man (Mcevoy), Reigning Brownlow Medalist, 2018 All Australian forward, Guy that was probably leading B n F till he did his knee 3 weeks ago, 2 time all Australian half back and the guy supposed to be replacing him.

Giants love an excuse. It was cold and they were missing a few. Half the people on this board think the Hawks list is bottom 4 in the comp but were missing 6 best 22 as well. Kicking 4 goals was embarrassing for the Giants mainly cause they gave up.

Or the Hawks missing Mcevoy, Mitchell, Gunston, Impey, Birchall, Scrimshaw? Our best big man (Mcevoy), Reigning Brownlow Medalist, 2018 All Australian forward, Guy that was probably leading B n F till he did his knee 3 weeks ago, 2 time all Australian half back and the guy supposed to be replacing him.

Giants love an excuse. It was cold and they were missing a few. Half the people on this board think the Hawks list is bottom 4 in the comp but were missing 6 best 22 as well. Kicking 4 goals was embarrassing for the Giants mainly cause they gave up.
You'll find no one is making excuses.

Vfl media trying to feed them to us as usual but no one was saying that's what cost us.

Our coach is ****ed and our players had zero effort.

Cute though you think those in on the same level as our outs.

yeah nah, i'd take gws outs any day of the week

Lol... Scrimshaw and Birchall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ almighty you are talking out of your arse!

What is this crap about the “Giants giving up”

That would imply we turned up to begin with
You can take the outs but the Giants got destroyed by a mediocre team. How Cameron is still head coach is beyond me
Makes two of us.

AND i'd take a 100% fit kelly over mitchell every single time.

Hmm...

Runner-up Brownlow medal 2017
Brownlow medalist 2018
2x Best & fairest 2017, 2018
2x All-Australian 2017, 2018
Lou Richards Medal 2018
MVP 2018

All in the space of 24 months!

Mitchell even had 26 disposals, 13 tackles and 2 goals in the 2016 GF.

Yep, Kelly is better. :moustache:

Hmm...

Runner-up Brownlow medal 2017
Brownlow medalist 2018
2x Best & fairest 2017, 2018
2x All-Australian 2017, 2018
Lou Richards Medal 2018
MVP 2018

All in the space of 24 months!

Mitchell even had 26 disposals, 13 tackles and 2 goals in the 2016 GF.

Yep, Kelly is better. :moustache:

Mitchell is the AFLs version of James Harden stats machine that wins awards, but you can name 5-8 players you would take ahead of him easily....

AFL website has an article about players who are still out-of-contract as of this morning. Links are to player threads if we have one for 2019.

Out of contract: Dylan Buckley, Jack Buckley, Matt Buntine, Stephen Coniglio, Shane Mumford, Heath Shaw, Tommy Sheridan, Zach Sproule, Jake Stein, Adam Tomlinson

"Coniglio is the AFL's most talked about player right now and it's anyone's guess where he lands, but it appears a three-way race between the Giants, Hawthorn and Carlton. There is also interest from multiple clubs in fellow free agent Tomlinson – who's long been linked to St Kilda – while Buntine is another high draft pick yet to make a call on his future. Veterans Shaw and Mumford will decide on their futures at season's end. The Buckleys – Dylan and Jack – Sproule and Stein look set to continue at GWS, but Sheridan's future is a little less certain."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back