Preview Greater Western Sydney vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Saturday 26/05/18 @ 7:25 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rising Star (19) winner returns to the team... replacing Clarke who had a decent debut game last week (but was easily overshadowed by Ridley who keeps his spot) and people STILL aren't happy...

Clarke or no Clarke, we won't beat GWS but often cannot fathom some of the thinking behind selection on here!
Well said. It's a bit stiff on Clarke to be dropped after one game, but he didn't do enough realistically and McGrath was always going to come back if fit.

If anything I was hoping that perhaps Redman could have been slotted in, but any angst over Baguley's selection is actually incredible given the game he just played. You don't make changes just for the sake of it and whether Baguley is going to be around long-term or not, given the role he played against Geelong and how well he performed, his selection this week is completely fair enough.

He had 1 clearance and 9 disposals at 22%. We won the game because Stringer, Langford and Laverde where also able to hold their own against their direct opposition . Langford was really good with 6 clerances and nil against.

I would have thought my “this ******* club” comment would’ve indicated my lack of seriousness in the comments that came before it. I would have liked Clarke to stay in but I’m not annoyed by it.

I would have thought my “this ******* club” comment would’ve indicated my lack of seriousness in the comments that came before it. I would have liked Clarke to stay in but I’m not annoyed by it.

No "this ******* club " indicates you are in with the rest of the tools.
;)

For all the stupid changes we could have made, I’m pretty ok with this one.

Dea and Baguely both worked hard and would usually be the first two in line for going out.

Clarke a bit stiff to only get the one game, but McGrath back in for him is probably the most sensible change (assuming McGrath plays midfield).

Glad we resisted the urge to make the usual dumb Essendon changes and stick with the same line-up who got it done last week.

Clarke should go back and dominate at VFL level, Redman and Parish are both pushing, Francis is looking like a real chance in another 2-3 weeks too.

As long as we reward form and effort and don’t just stick with the same tried and tested (and failing) senior players moving forward.

Definitely great to see some competition for spots!

True. But it was reported that both trained well, had got over their injuries and were up for selection. Myers apparently could have played last week too.
If they're not even listed as emergencies I would think it's fair to assume they're simply not fit enough and/or still need a rest, regardless of any fluff from the club during the week.

True. But it was reported that both trained well, had got over their injuries and were up for selection. Myers apparently could have played last week too.
They're not playing VFL either. So whatever else you make of it, they're not available (and likely not fit) to play at either level.

Why Clarke out.
Why not Dea. Yeah he did his task well, but replace a defender with a defender...
Have a think. It'll come to you why McGrath is replacing a mid.

well the reactions to the team selection on here certainly prove that old adage that you can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, and some of the people are just complete and utter morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making one change to a side that thrashed Danger/Selwood/Ablett is hardly earth shattering.

You have to have some experienced players in the side. I'm sure Carlton supporters are enjoying the development from the 109 point loss.

I'm happy with the change personally. Good to get McGrath back and its essentially the same side that won impressively last week. McGrath is a clear upgrade on Clarke in my opinion, he's just a better player at this stage of their careers.

With Patton in it makes sense to keep Dea in the side as he can potentially play on a tall. Ridley may be able to help out from time to time but Dea would probably do a better job at this stage of their careers despite being shorter.

Anyone that thinks we will lose because of this solitary change is a little crazy. It will make little difference to the overall side. Clarke may one day become an inside beast at AFL level but he's not there yet.

I would have liked to see Green come in - feel like that would make us overall harder to match up on, and injected a bit more X factor into the side
* off DERO, nobody is fooled by your alias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back