Greatest AFL photo ever taken

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Bruns was the only unsuspecting player he ever kneed, punched, elbowed or coat hangered.

There were plenty beforehand and afterwards.

He only played a further 8 games thereafter, before retiring.

You know, try as I might, I just can't think of a Geelong hard -man....and I've been watching footy for almost 50 years now....Starting to see where your mob derived their derogatory & soft nick-name from..

Well earned indeed.

He only played a further 8 games thereafter, before retiring.

You know, try as I might, I just can't think of a Geelong hard -man....and I've been watching footy for almost 50 years now....Starting to see where your mob derived their derogatory & soft nick-name from..

Well earned indeed.
Buddha Hocking was as tough as they come mate, Ablett Snr was a hard campaigner and their current captain ain’t no marshmallow either.

Buddha Hocking was as tough as they come mate, Ablett Snr was a hard campaigner and their current captain ain’t no marshmallow either.

Sure, tough players....But none of them could hardly be said to put the bejeebers over their opposition.

Sure, tough players....But none of them could hardly be said to put the bejeebers over their opposition.
Yeah I guess only GAS was the enforcer type & one to look out for if you were a backman as he loved to charge right through them. That hit on Gastev like the one on Dipper was a bone shatterer.
Maybe that clown Jacko could be thrown in there but not much else.

A few personal faves from recent times.
View attachment 803064
View attachment 803065
View attachment 803066
View attachment 803067

This kid is going to give us a lot of great photos over the years I'm hoping. Already had a good run.

I'll see your Sydney Stack and raise you one Liam Ryan

1569315504043_G2O2E0QTV.1-2.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 804425

Im sure this one has been shown previously, but as a kid I was amazed at this photo.

Was Mark of the year in 1979....Round 5 at the M.C.G.

The bloke he gets the ride on is Ian Paton, While both Kelvin Moore - from the side & Terry Moore, in front - are trying to spoil in vain.

Here's a replay of it on video for you....Michel Tuck in the fore-ground at the end of it.

Was Mark of the year in 1979....Round 5 at the M.C.G.

The bloke he gets the ride on is Ian Paton, While both Kelvin Moore - from the side & Terry Moore, in front - are trying to spoil in vain.

Here's a replay of it on video for you....Michel Tuck in the fore-ground at the end of it.

Held it for as long as Ablett’s over Pert.

Held it for as long as Ablett’s over Pert.

True....Did he ever really control it for long enough?

Self=preservation in worrying about his landing took over, due to being off balance from getting up so high.

Most of Peter Knights injuries occurred due to his landings from high-marks.

Yeah I guess only GAS was the enforcer type & one to look out for if you were a backman as he loved to charge right through them. That hit on Gastev like the one on Dipper was a bone shatterer.
Maybe that clown Jacko could be thrown in there but not much else.

Yeah, Gaz Sr was a proper hard man.

He could kill you on the field.

And off it.

I've been searching for this image for years and finally found it.

Lethal Leigh was unstoppable. IMG_20210718_102057.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back