Greatest drummer?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lars is a great drummer.

Its just the fact he is a deadset w***er that influences the general perception of him as a musician.

Lars is a horrible drummer and I don't understand how anyone can dispute it. He's sloppy as hell live, at least nowadays.
I'm not anti-Metallica or anything, I'm going to 3 shows this year! Lars is just not very talented at all.

For me personally, hard to go past Peart and Portnoy. Some of the stuff they do is beyond freakish.

Lars is a horrible drummer and I don't understand how anyone can dispute it. He's sloppy as hell live, at least nowadays.
I'm not anti-Metallica or anything, I'm going to 3 shows this year! Lars is just not very talented at all.

For me personally, hard to go past Peart and Portnoy. Some of the stuff they do is beyond freakish.

binge and purge era he was good before his head got too big and he slowed down.

No love for our very own Rob Hirst of the Oils? Must go close to being the best drummer Australian has ever produced.

Big fan of Charlie Watts and Nicko McBrain as well. Nicko is solid without being spectacular but I find him entertaining. Charlie is just fantastic in that he can play so many styles. I don't think the Stones would have been as successful without him.

Out of the modern day stuff Portnoy seems to have it for me.I would love to him seen him extend his Avenge Sevenfold gig until Soundwave. I'm probably biased against Carey because I'm not a huge Tool fan.

I also think Lars is a good drummer, being a tosser doesn't mean we should deny his ability.

I don't know how anyone who has ever picked up the sticks could call Lars a talent. He's average at best, and sloppy at worst.
It's hard to even think of a metal band with an inferior drummer to Ulrich.

Couldn't care less about Lars the person, Mustaine has been an outright prick for the majority of his career but that doesn't mean I don't admire his ability. :thumbsu:

attachment.php

[youtube]8_ajnHQtUyw[/youtube]

Easily the greatest non-metal drummer is not of all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back