Greatest drummer?

Remove this Banner Ad

[youtube]l_2z48-fleo[/youtube]

Local thrashers, gooood drummer.

Not sure if above poster is serious either, if that vid is anything to go by... :p

Danny carey has to be the best getting around for me. Tool is one of the only bands around using a lead drummer instead of a lead guitar.

I believe australia has some great drummers getting around like Steve Judd, lucius Borich and Nicky Bomba. Check em out.

Also check out this kid he is unbelievable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK2RT_9Kri8

Tony Allen - Godfather of Afrobeat, pioneered playing 4 different timings with each limb

Am a fan of Danny Carey & John Stainer.
Rob Hirst is one of the most entertaining to watch - saw The Break earlier this year and he just owns the stage.

Neil peart for mine - perhaps because I have always had a huge crush for Rush.

The guy is awesome.

[YOUTUBE]47yxLg2RyXM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eZTamRbvEao&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kE8fKhcU_ss&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Virgil Donati used to be the drummer for Southern Sons (remember them:rolleyes:) but he has gone on to become one of the best drummers in the world.

This is from a concert with Steve Vai.
[YOUTUBE]inhckpMxxdo[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um Keith Moon. Completely made The Who. Changed their tempo and changed rock and roll. Greatest drummer ever for me.
Neil Peart should also get a mention.

baueford (sp) carter from dave matthews band

aaron spears

theres some guy but i cant remember his name, a german i think and is a prog rock guy i think its tommy someone, anyway he did my head in

LuciusPOSTER.jpg

Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy & John Bonham would all be tied in first place for mine. Nicko McBrain wouldn't be in the top five on talent but he's still one of my all time favourite drummers, so he goes in there as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back